Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a serious problem with fuel cuts in my Evo 5 GSR. Even at 1.05 Bar boost pressure, as i hit around 5,000 rpm, violent cutout occurs. The mystery is that the car was running 1.35 Bar fine for a long time and then one day the cuts started to happen.

Car has: HKS Hiper Exhuast, Carbing Air Box and amp; intake pipe, Ralliart Intercooler piping, G-Force ECU, Uprated Fuel Pump (with rewiring), HKS 264 Cams.

I dont understand why this problem has started suddenly, as all the parts remain the same, but the problem is now driving me over the edge, I need some sort of solution. HKS VPC has been suggested, however I understand that several people have ended up with blown engines here in Jamaica using them (Prob more the fault of the garage than the VPC) and now I'm wondering if thats such a good idea.

Anyone out there have any ideas????? HELP !!! I've got Scooby and amp; Turbo Integra Type R Freaks laughing at me!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Check your injectors, they might be faulty or not running on full duty cycle. Check your fuel filter (obviously). Check the a/f mixture. Don't get the vpc, invest on a remap of your ecu. Power Engineering in the UK does it for 550 quid for people that don't live in the UK and can't take advantage of the their rolling road setup. They'll also setup you ecu for the octane rating of your country. I'm not familiar with the ron you guys get out there, but here in the States the highest octane rating is 94 from Sunoco. Evos love high octane, and the japs set it up for 100ron fuel.

Can anyone help me with my problem? Check the post for chassis cross measurements? Maybe you can phone your local body shop over there in Jamaica and ask them about cross measurements for me. I need upper and lower front cross measurements for the body shop to pull the front of the car. I would be in your debt. Where in Jamaica are you from? Have a friend, Yusef Warwar that lives in Cherry Hills (I believe that's what its called), Kingston.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One other possible cause (as has been mentioned on here a few times) is that your battery connections are loose. Have you checked them recently to see if they are tight. If not then they could be wobbling loose at high speed.

Andy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts