Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Although we had a bad year financially for the Sprint Series in 2016, after the positive response from the poll I started in November I felt it was worth putting the time effort and money into the 2017 Sprint Series - and with very open regs to encourage new drivers and a selection of big and smaller twisty circuits to cover everyone's preferences I thought we had the perfect mix for 2017.

So I was hoping not to have to write this post, but with 4 weeks to go we only have 4 cars booked in for Castle Combe, and another 4 paid deposits.

I'm sure you will all understand and agree that there is no point running an event which is going to lose thousands of £££s - with a low number of competitors, you (the drivers) won't enjoy it because the event won't run as it should, it's doesn't work for the sponsors who support the series and for all of us who put the time and effort in to run it, and ultimately it will lead to the death of the club - which I'm not prepared to see happen.

I don't want to cancel the event (or the Series), but we're organising these events for you guys, so we're giving you the opportunity to decide whether it goes ahead or doesn't.
We need 40 drivers to book Castle Combe by the end Sunday 21st May, so if you're looking forward to competing at the first sprint of 2017 but have yet to book, please do so before Sunday.

Castle Combe Circuit have very kindly agreed with this but have asked for confirmation on Monday, so it's over to you now.

I hope we'll all be at Castle Combe and have a great first sprint of 2017 :smthumbup

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
I spoke with you earlier in the year to give it a try as never done it before but I'm committed to coming and paying up beforehand if need be
Also booked a hotel for couple of nights so ideally need to know what's happening soon

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Sorry can't make this one due to distance for me but hoping to be involved in Cadwell and Tee-side.

Reactions: F1-RS

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Sorry to read this Darin, real shame. I can't make Combe as I'm away that week - will make a couple of others later this year however. Hope the interest picks up. Maybe consider opening it to other cars/clubs.... (not ideal... but better than not running it at all and having to cancel)...

·
Premium Member
1,938 Posts
Shame to see this remember going to watch the Sprints years ago and were always so busy :thumbdown if distance wasn't so much would have bought my ZR along to make few numbers but fingers crossed picks up :mitsi:

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
To be honest this thread just makes me think of looking to go elsewhere, I was 100% planning to come along, but if it's touch n go I may as well sign up to an msa event that I know will get the numbers. If i wait then I will miss the spot as the msa events have a deadline entrance date, something you could of asked for some time ago.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Looks like the start of the end to me.

Pity it's so far away - would love to do some sprints this year but can only make Teesside.

Probably time to bin the series and just do the odd single sprint here and there with no classes - just for a fun day out like it was in the beginning.

·
TOO many posts.......
17,132 Posts
Geoff, trouble is now and it's sad to say, folks are seeing their Evos as investments buddy and don't want the risk of trashing them, it's going exactly the same way as the Cossie scene went/ has gone. Good days are gone imo.

·
Registered
41 Posts
As I said before, should have kept the regs the same (as in car decides the class like it was at Cadwell last October) I would have took part in the whole series then but it's made me give it a miss now.

Shame as I was looking forward to it this year but the javelin sprint seems to be the one to do.

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
6,846 Posts
I'd be up for 'having a go' but the rules say I need a mounted fire extinguisher and not drilling holes in the floorpan of my road car to mount in the footwell :handsup:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'd be up for 'having a go' but the rules say I need a mounted fire extinguisher and not drilling holes in the floorpan of my road car to mount in the footwell :handsup:
Possibly the worst excuse for not getting involved I have seen up to press.

Make a bracket and pick up on your seat mounts, mount the fire extinguisher to that.....

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
6,846 Posts
Possibly the worst excuse for not getting involved I have seen up to press.

Make a bracket and pick up on your seat mounts, mount the fire extinguisher to that.....
Says the person that can't even pay £35 memership fee :handsup:

I plan to do that now but not got the time to compete this season is the main reason so wasn't one of those crying out for the MLRSS to run BUT they did change the rules a bit for 2017. As for 'not getting involved...:shake: organised much for the MLR yourself?
thought not..

Reactions: monkeynuts1
1 - 20 of 81 Posts