Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just returned from a month away with the army I'v come back and my car won't start appears to be completely dead won't even open manually key still lights up when I press the button and neighbours say alarm has been going off what can I do???? Help please anyone

·
Registered
721 Posts
It doesn't have manual key entry? Same thing happened to mine last night, went to start the car and dash lights come on and then off. Car was completely dead, had to lock rear doors via back seats and lock front doors with key :(

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have no way to enter my car the key turns in the lock but the lock is electrical so doesn't work what I need is a alternative way to enter the car so I can pop the boot and get some electricity in to it

·
Registered
719 Posts
James,
can you get in the car or not? Your post says it wont start, but how do you know if you cant unlock the doors manually or with the key?

Assuming you cant get in the car:
If you can get under the front, its a pain the the arse but you can drop the plastic out and try and relase the bonnet catch from underneath (long pole with a hooked end can grab the cable and tug), you could do this on the 5, not sure what access is like on the 10 (havnt had to try it) - You should be able to get some charge in to the battery using the terminal in the engine bay and sticking your charger on that with a good chassis earth

Failing that, I dont know how the boot release cable (from side of drivers seat) runs, but see if you can get access to it either under the car, or pop the rear bumper, if you can see it, grab it with pliers and give it a good tug

·
Premium Member
22,074 Posts
so the key wont unlock the drivers door when the batteries dead on a 10, and I guess there is no key point on the boot?

If so, get under the engine bay, with a booster, or battery with leads, connect the -ve to an earth point, and the +ve to the large +ve terminal on the starter motor, this should put 12v into the system so that the door can be opened

Stu

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
If you can jack the car up

Get the undertray off look under the inlet manifold you can just get to the starter mtor main terminal. You can get a wire on it and connect it to the positive of your batery charger then conect the eath of your charger to earth on engine

Kind Regards

Matt

·
Registered
270 Posts
These comments aren't correct. On my X360, I've had a stone-cold flat-batteries and not had problems getting in;

The key opens the driver door (as in, physically putting it in and twisting - of course the remote central locking won't work).

The lever on the driver-side sill opens the boot (the one next to the fuel release).

Once into the boot, you've got access to the battery.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you very much for your help especially Matt from TRL I called the AA out he checked it (Door does not open manually when battery has no charge at all in it) AA guy followed matts advice and jacked front up and connected jump leads to the alternator that gave it enough power to unlock the door and therefore open boot and jump battery as per normal there may be different versions of Evos but this is what worked for mine! Thanks again guys :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Thank you very much for your help especially Matt from TRL I called the AA out he checked it (Door does not open manually when battery has no charge at all in it) AA guy followed matts advice and jacked front up and connected jump leads to the alternator that gave it enough power to unlock the door and therefore open boot and jump battery as per normal there may be different versions of Evos but this is what worked for mine! Thanks again guys :thumbup:
James

Your welcome, Glad i could help

Kind Regards

Matt

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Bad design there

1 - 17 of 17 Posts