Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Can anyone help me?
One morning last week, whwn I started work in the morning the wipers and washers were fine.
After work on my way home I tried using the windscreen washer by pulling the left hand stalk towards me
with no apparent results??
There was no noise from the pump and the wipers did not wipe the screen 3 times as it does.
My rear washer and wiper does not work as well, but funny enough the front wipers work if I use them
on their own???
Checked the fuse box under the dash on the drivers side, couldn't see anything wrong??
Can someone help me please:(:(

Tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello mate, only two things it could possibly be, a faulty relay or washer/wiper stalk.

I would have suggested locating the washer pump and unplug and check for voltage, but as you say both front and rear are playing up it's more likely a relay or faulty switch, or if you're lucky a loose plug(somewhere!).

Hope that's of some help.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think the washer pump is faulty as the 3 wipes after the wash would still work, looking at the circuit diagram suggests it's the washer switch itself that's the problem.
Check the connections to the switch arm and take the switch arm off and check the operation if you can with a multimeter. Check Pin 8 (thickish blue wire) against Pin 12 (black with yellow stripe) of the connector and see if there's continuity through the washer switch when it's on. I am not sure on these type switches but you maybe able to clean the switch contacts, I think someone mentioned on here before that they managed it.
If it's not that then check the voltage at the washer pump but I am pretty certain it is the switch thats at fault.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why does that always happen? Start typing and checking the manuals and by the time I get round to hitting 'submit' someone else has sneaked in :D
Well at least we both agree ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many thanks HH6

I'll go and check it out tomorrow, too busy today.
I'll let you know what it is when I find out.

Tony

·
Registered
18 Posts
its a faulty wiper switch buddy. definately, and a handy fix too.
this switch is located on the inner end of the wiper stalk.
same switch is used on colts/lancers from 92-00, so easy to pick up a good used one.

just keep your own stalk and use the switch from the "new" one cos most of the ordinary ones didnt have back wipers, switch is geared for it ok though.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
its a faulty wiper switch buddy. definately, and a handy fix too.
this switch is located on the inner end of the wiper stalk.
same switch is used on colts/lancers from 92-00, so easy to pick up a good used one.

just keep your own stalk and use the switch from the "new" one cos most of the ordinary ones didnt have back wipers, switch is geared for it ok though.
as this is over 8 years old, i'm guessing he has fixed it by now:crackup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts