Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As per title ...could do with one of the uprated (red) springs to go in my Forge Recirc Dump Valve, now the boost is up i notice it opening a little early on lighter throttle which isnt ideal :( .....ive checked and its a blue spring in there at the mo.

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
i think i've got a rebuild kit with a red spring at the workshop ian. i'll check in the morn. gimme a text on 07786 523137 to remind me :D

·
Registered
905 Posts
Hi Ian, have you thought about shimming the blue spring? Like you i'm having the same problem, i've tried the red spring but get slight stalling of the turbo. Idealy I need a setting half way between the blue spring + 3 shims and the red Spring. If you have a original BOV just compare how much pressure you have to put on the valve to open it. My intention now is to take 3mm off the ledge where the spring sits, so there is not quite so much pressure on the red spring. This also gives me a option to put a couple of shims in if need be.
Cheers Rich

·
Premium Member
16,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rich,
I have put 1 shim on the blue spring which was slightly better but still juddery in some cases so still not ideal, maybe my blue spring is tired though... so i contacted Forge and bought one of there Valve Tuning kits, all available springs and a pack of Shims :)....once i get my car back from Waynes i will have a play see what i can come up with, should be able to get something sorted with all the below!

Cheers
Ian

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts