Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having just got my Evo6 and starting to look at mods already.. from surfing the web and looking at mods made by various people to their cars.. a lot seem to have chnaged the radiator cap to a Ralliart 1.3 item....

Can anybody tell me what this mod actually achieves and whether it is worth it...

Jevo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This raises the boiling point of your cooling system. Reduces chance of boiling if increasing power/hard driving/hot days, etc. Downside is it increases stress on cooling system, consider upgrading hoses also. Useful side benefit, less need to top up overflow tank.

Andrew

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Andrew,

Think I may invest along with some upgraded hoses.... i've heard the Ralliart and HKS hoses are as near as dammit the same in quality and looks but with a big price differential... has anybody had experience of either good or bad ?

Is there anything to be gained by going the more expensive Ralliart route ?

Jevo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Samco hoses are pretty much the same. Available in most colours and do all the coolant hoses. 2 Rad hoses were about £50 from Demon Tweeks, but other people sell them and may/may not be cheaper.

Adrian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Samco supply Ralliart,and HKS, nuf said!
I will be supplying SFS Performance silicon hoses shortly which are about to be available in metallic silver and gold!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Evoboy,

So what you're saying is that HKS and Ralliart just charge more for the same stuff... interesting...

Is there actually any benefit (apart from pretty colours) over the std OEM kit...

Think some black ones or red for the turbo and radiator hoses will be well in order for my new toy....

How do your SFS Hose prices compare with HKS, Samco etc ?

Jevo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The hoses supplied by power engineering are more complete as there are 4 cooling and 7 turbo and others parts avaible in red,the samco ralliart or hks dont have all this!

Anyway for the turbo hoses it's better to go for the hks aluminum ones.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jevo,
SFS prices will be lower than the rest http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/happy1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

On a road car the main benefit is aesthetic , however , long term durability is superior on silicone. Don't use any flexible hose to replace major sections of boost pipework , Maxi is correct , aluminium is way better , only use silicone to CONNECT sections of pipework.

Okitenik,
Let's NOT make our Evo engine bays look like Cosworth shiny trinket palaces [img]http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/happy1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle > , we shud go for the race tec carbon fiber functional look , and don't forget , braided hose is heavier , only use it where needed ie oil cooler and fuel lines.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Personally I think the hoses are a waste of money unless:
a) You have a lot of money
b) You want to show off you engine bay
c) You have seriously modded motor and want to have a slightly more durable hose

I would rather spend my money on making the car go quicker than make it look like a tarts boudoir(5) that no one can see unless you lift the bonnet.

Just my opinion of course

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.