Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone had rough running on part throttle ,at low revs,off boost, since changing their pump to uprated ?
i have noticed slight hesitation,yucking in third gear,when in traffic,(accelerating at traffic rate)
and generally not as crisp off the bottom end

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Which uprated pump did you use and who did you buy it from? Are you using the standard fuel pressure regulator?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pluto

Have you got any information or graphs of flow rates and pressures produced by this pump?

Clive

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pump is walbro gss 342 25600/1
have contacted them for specs,awaiting reply
it seems other people have had to fit a regulator when fitting the pump
will keep you informed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pluto,

I looked up the Walbro site - http://www.vfaq.com/pump-Walbros.html to find the info on flow and pressure rates.
The pump you really need is the GSS317 2G pump which produces a higher flow but only a small increase in pressure, the one you have fitted is the 2G high pressure pump and because of the big increase in pressure the std fuel pressure regulator cannot cope and so it sounds like you are now overfueling.

Clive.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have read in some Japanese car magzine that saying Evo can use Supra's fuel pump!!Maybe it can use GTO fuel pump as well.I think it can be cheaper to upgrade fuel pump.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have read in some Japanese car magzine that saying Evo can use Supra's fuel pump!!Maybe it can use GTO fuel pump as well.I think it can be cheaper to upgrade fuel pump.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
my reference to rc was tongue in cheek !!!
why would i be buying from them otherwise ????
i have found them to be the best so far

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What do you guys reckon. I run also the Sports ECU, Hyper Muffler, RA relocation kit and panel filter, conrod bolts, reversed dump valve (cat in place). Sorry for bothering you with those details. Now my car runs perfect (1.3 bar held, 1.45bar peak boost) but according to my tuner it could run lean when fitting a complete exhaust in connection with the Sports ECU. As I want to complement the car with the PE twin downpipe would an uprated fuel pump (from RC or else where) help to prevent from running lean? Sure I would get it fitted by my tuner and get it dynoed to check all the relevant details.

Any comments on that are very appreciated, maybe Stuart as you run a quite similar setup

Cheers

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
will let you know our findings when we have fitted the regulators
do you want mut2 readings,rolling road printouts or shall i just get the local candlestick maker to ring you and confirm ????????
will be fitting cams to (my) 5 after weve sorted this
the 6 will get them if they prove good

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pluto,

I take it you've fitted the Walbro pump you were talking about, how do you find the noise of the pump inside the car, can you hear it running?

Clivew

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
no,no noise inside car
it has settled down now,so will fit the reg and take it from there
thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
forgot to add,fitted same pump today in a 6 without any stuttering
and my car runs very well now !!!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Greetings from a new member! My name is Adam, and I work for Z-1 Performance here in the US. We do an extensiver amount of tuning with Mitsubishi and Subaru cars, and hope to offer you not only good advice (and learn from you guys as well!), but good products for your cars. Although we still don't officially get the EVO, we have supplied many of the local rally tesma swith parts. In addition, with our extensive dealings in Japan, we can bring you the best from the East as well.

Onto the pump....the Walbro units are good, and inexpensive (around $90 US), but unreliable. They tend tio be quite noisy at idle, and in our experience, 1 in 4 come out of the box not working at all. We prefer to use the Denso unit from a Mk4 Supra. These pumps have stellar reliability (being an OEM pump), and flow 255 liters per hour at 43.5 psi of rail pressure. I assume the fpr in your cars are the same as in our US spec Eclipses, etc. (by the way, I am sort of a member,,,I drive an E39A Galant VR-4 (#92/1000). We offer these pumps at $225 plus shipping, including the new fuel; sock. We also recommend the pump be hardwired in with a 30 amp relay and fuse (RC does the same technique). The ultimate setup is to use an uprated fuel pressure regulaotr (fpr) as well...we like the SX unit, which we sell for $159.00 plus shipping, though it requires you adapt your stock fuel rail to AN outputs (easily done though).

adam
Z-1

If anyone is looking for parts or info., just email us at [email protected] Our new website with tons of Suby and Lancer parts will be back online soon!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Z1 the fuel pump experts Eh!!

Im no expert but I can say there post is Misleading before you start sending them your hard earned cash,you should be aware that they are far to simplistic in what they say.The pump they are trying to sell is an exterior pump and the fitting requires fabrication.Plus unless you are running serious mods and very high boost unnessary.There post to be usefull should explain the technicalities in more depth.I have a Walbro pump fitted by RC works perfectley straight out the box ,is quiet and very effective ,and unlike the desmo good value for money.If you want good advice speak to RC.:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry I didn't clarify....the pump we opffer by Denso is not an external..it is an internal, in tank pump. We use this pump on all the DSM's we do under the 500 hp level. Above that, and we prefer to use external pumps (usually dual SX pumps).

If you can get me the Walbro part number that you use, I can tell you definitively if the Supra one fits. The Walbro we use on our US spec DSM's (1st and second gen Elcipse Turbos) is 12-918. Is this the same part number you guys get there? if so, the Supra is worth looking into just as an alternative. On the Supras we modify, we often go to a 300 ZX Twin turbo fuel pump. I have the flow charts around here someplace...I do know that at the same feul pressure, the ZX TT pump vastly outflows the Supra unit.. We have several 700 and 800 Supra TT's here with that pump fitted. I didn't post this to offer these for sale to people..uinless they want us to. You can simply walk into your local Toyota dealer and get the pump yourselves...guess it depends on what they cahrge in the UK though?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts