Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all
currently i have a fast road exedy clutch and lightened jun flywheel installed in my e4,after a few engine tweeks ive noticed it starting to slip.

Does anyone recomend a uprated clutch,maybe twin?
sensibly priced also!:lol:

·
MLR Oldie
14,971 Posts

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jason,

ACT clutches seem to get e pretty good name and aren't too badly priced. I thought about going for one but ended up going for a Exedy Twin. (edited to add - they are available through Evotune on here in the UK, just incase you don't fancy getting one from accross the pond)

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=223848&highlight=clutch+ACT

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=293052&highlight=clutch+ACT&page=2

How old is your existing clutch?
hi baz
how you doing?

I have pmd them so we"ll see what they come back with.:handsup:

The clutch in the now is only a few months old, it was a fast road fitted by hullevo on here.
Previous to that i had a exedy twin combo that worked very well but the release bearing was goosed.
Actually i still have it minus bearing and cover...dont know if it would be better sourcing the missing items.:confused:

·
MLR Oldie
14,971 Posts
hi baz
how you doing?

I have pmd them so we"ll see what they come back with.:handsup:

The clutch in the now is only a few months old, it was a fast road fitted by hullevo on here.
Previous to that i had a exedy twin combo that worked very well but the release bearing was goosed.
Actually i still have it minus bearing and cover...dont know if it would be better sourcing the missing items.:confused:
Hi Jase, I'm doing fine mate:D.

Yes thats possibly another option if the rest of your Exedy Twin is still good nick.

What was the Exedy fast road clutch thats slipping rated too? Its not an Organic one is it? Do you think your car is pushing the clutch to its limits?

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Jase, I'm doing fine mate:D.

Yes thats possibly another option if the rest of your Exedy Twin is still good nick.

What was the Exedy fast road clutch thats slipping rated too? Its not an Organic one is it? Do you think your car is pushing the clutch to its limits?
hullevo said it was rated to 380 if i remember right.
im not sure if it is pushing it too the limits ive been told it could be pressure plate maybe.
dont matter anyway its going to have to come out.:)

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
exedy twin has been great for me, around the 400/380 mark for 2 years, pulls a trailer occasionally too :D, and i noticed the first slip the other day, when the clutch was cold, saying that, i cant get it to slip again

I would definately fit another

Stu
how much did you pay for it stu?
just remembered! i got the jun flywheel from you;)

·
Premium Member
22,085 Posts
how much did you pay for it stu?
just remembered! i got the jun flywheel from you;)
yep you did :smthumbup

It was around the grand mark, plus fitting, but that was 2 years ago, hopefully when it does go, then i will only have to replace the plates, though they are expensive on their own :mad:

Stu

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
has anyone heard of using a 9gt clutch/flywheel combo for the e4.rather than fitting heavier clutch and risking the DREADED CRANKWALK.:blah:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts