Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Any idea where to get one from? I know you can get Extrude HOned ones in the US, and even one with 8 injectors...

Also, upgraded throttle bodies - worth it, or not, and where can you get them?

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
I remember someone got a custom one from Hungary (was it?) carbon fiber or sthg? I think it was Roy Boy...

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
8 injectors would benefit you I think due to the increased fuel available.

The RS500 Sierra Cossy used an 8 injector set up and they are regularly tuned to over 500 bhp.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Uprated inlet manifold and throtle body is available from www.prospeed.nu
See a picture on www.evoblast.com under next step.
Roy.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Do you really need an upgraded intake manifold??? how much HP do you want? the stock should be able to take up to 450hp

I you really want one, you should check out this tuning shop in Canada.. A really good price for the intake manifold! http://www.magnusmotorsports.com/

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Magnus one is interesting. But have heard a few bad comments too on some of the US DSM groups.

I would get a custom one made in the UK. Bigger plenum, short runners, bigger throttle body. Find someone who knows how to calculate the correct sizes or buy an engine analysis software package that can cater for that kind of thing. It's a pieceof#### to make one that looks right - something else to make one that IS right.

If you're desperate mail me and I'll do some research for you.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
MC - have seen these before. Tempted at the extrude honed manifold. Do you have any evidence they work? I know JUN do one that allegedly gives 25bhp, but costs £2k!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts