Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have around £1500 to spend and am looking for advice on how to best spend it.
I have a 10 month old EVO 6 TME with the following:

Blitz air induction kit
Blitz down pipe
Magnex de-cat pipe
Blitz nur spec r exhaust

I am currently experiencing fuel cuts when I give it some 'welly'

your thoughts please
ecu remap?
boost controller?
Which make?,
which tuner?

Are these the right mods or should I be looking for something else?

Thanks for your help

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Adey,there are many ways you can go to avoid fuel cuts and turn up the boost further.

I can only talk about my current state of tune,we all have different opinions,this is mine.

Phone Clive at RC DEvelopments on 01606 786706,mention my name and he will explain the conversion on my car,and recommend the best for you at this stage.There are some new things in the pipeline,like the Apexi Power FC and your budget will give you what you want to achieve,plus the ability to add further tuning enhancements later,if you look at some of my other posts you will see the current spec of my car,ring Clive...ring PE,ring Ralliart and any other Tuners you can think of,tuning is a personal thing otherwise we would all have the same conversion.

Good Luck Barry:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if i had £1500 in your position:

Apexi AVCR or blitz sbc-id boost controller
Sports ECU or PE remap (can flog on later if you want to go further)
Cusco battery relocaton kit
and a hks ssqv :)

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What about an uprated fuel pump? I'm fairly sure RC Dev's do one. A good basis for further mod's too.

Bill

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SSQ |EQU| Super Sequential Valve

adey

given u already have the exhaust which u need to up the boost, up the boost. The best way is with a different ECU. A'PEXi Power FC or Gems mapped by a professional. They are both around 1400.

If you want to go faster around corners, but suspensions. Unfortunately, your budget is too limited for that.

The RC setup stresses the fuel pump and the injectors but at least you get a correct air fuel setup (which is not the case with a ralliart ECU). The advantage of RC is also that you get a boost controller that shows u the boost, so no need to get a gauge. I would (and I did) go for this set up and then get full ECU later on with more budget.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would follow Lee`s advice and then use the change to start on the brakes , as a starting point for a serious improvement to the std front brakes just fit a set of PFC 97c front pads , vastly improved stopping power plus no warping !!! :)

That is unless you know that in the end you want over 350 bhp in which case just go for the Gems in the first place :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
adey - there was a guy looking to swap a standard ECU from a TME for his pe remapped one - and it was a bargain. look in the for sale threads.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I change the ECU for an Apexi power fc or Gems, will I need anything else to ensure no more fuel cuts?
Are these ECU's better than the PE one?
I'll be happy with 350bhp and torque of around 310lb ft, as I don't want to spend further on the engine internals?
Is this possible with the PE ECU?
Is it safe to run this with standard internals?
Do RC developments do a re-map? If not, how do they gain the extra power? (They are much closer to me than PE)
thanks for your help.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If I change the ECU for an Apexi power fc or Gems, will I need anything else to ensure no more fuel cuts? - No
Are these ECU's better than the PE one? - Yes
I'll be happy with 350bhp and torque of around 310lb ft, as I don't want to spend further on the engine internals? - That's not a question
Is this possible with the PE ECU? - Should be, yes
Is it safe to run this with standard internals? - Should be, yes
Do RC developments do a re-map? - Not a remap of the ECU itself,no. They adjust ECU parameters with the A'PEXi controllers.
If not, how do they gain the extra power? (They are much closer to me than PE) By adjusting boost, fuel and air with the A'PEXi's
thanks for your help. You are welcome

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would recommend you phone RC Developments. They are extremely knowledgeable people who dont hesitate to spend time on the phone with you to help. They know what they're doing and have given me lots of advice over the phone, although I didnt buy my A'PEXi things from them. If they had been close to me, I would have gone there without a doubt, but 1500 miles is a lot!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts