Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

I was driving my car after it having a rest for 2 weeks, and was noticing that when putting the foot down, it boosts up to 15PSI then it slides back down to be steady at 10PSI. The day was not humid, and was about 17 degrees (according to the thermometer).

When driving it the following day, it was back to normal - a steady 15PSI.

Was it just the temperature or could it be something more sinaster??

Cheers All
Troy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sticking (rust?) wastegate actuator perhaps? The run loosened it off and thats why it seems back to normal.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I often only drive my Evo3 once a week or sometimes every two weeks and do notice an improvement in boost after a good run. Don't know if a nearly dead battery being recharged can suck much engine power though!? Don't know what sort of chip you have compared to mine, but mine can boost up to 18 psi at times but never holds still at a high boost (say 15psi) but bleeds off very smoothly and gradually to say 12/13 psi or thereabouts.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking,just to clarify, you don't mean that after it slid to 10psi and you then say accelerated again it wouldn't go beyond 10psi do you? I had this problem when after the chip was installed the car was tuned with 100 plus octane in the tank, but after I stopped using the ocatne booster(was getting too expensive!)and returned to the then 96 octane I was apparently getting knocking and was told the car was going into limp mode and boosting no more than 10psi (the factory chips max boost). I had to get the ignition timing slightly altered to cope with the decrease in octane.
Actually regarding too much bleed off from max. boost maybee I need to start using my EvoIII more often then if that's the problem. Maybee I should study more closely the bleed off in relation to the amount of useage the car had been getting prior.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers for the info, but I have put it down to plain old high humidity, as the car is running fine since. Either that or it just needed a good blow out http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/biggrin1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts