Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any reason why we can't compile a list of unmarked police cars' registrations and descriptions...............................??

It's just to give us some clues as to what to look out for, i know you couldn't possibly remember them all, but you could remember the ones in your area.........

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Dont know?

But there has been a 530d last of the old shape going up and down the A12.

Check the rear head rests as approaching normally you will see a bit of red or blue light.

Why are you asking this now ?

(guess at the end of the day just dont go stomping past anything that looks like it might be. Just luck in the end)

Nick

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, its just i feel that unmarked cars are very sneaky..........

Silver 5 door mondeo on A12............E002 LLN.........

Better luck next time.........Mate.... :p

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NICK & DIANE said:
Dont know?

But there has been a 530d last of the old shape going up and down the A12.

Check the rear head rests as approaching normally you will see a bit of red or blue light.

Why are you asking this now ?

(guess at the end of the day just dont go stomping past anything that looks like it might be. Just luck in the end)

Nick
Is there such thing as a car that might be an unmarked police car.........??

They seem to use anything now........ :confused:

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Where to start in Essex :D far too many un marked coppers cars.

The obvious are a Y reg 3.2 white omega and Y reg white mondeo spotted these a few times on the A127

Also noticed a few 5 series beemers too not sure reg plates they were nicking bikers when the turpin used to be on, dark blue and grey blue

Oh and they have SKODA's too :crackup:

Seen a silver red and black Octavia's all having a piece of the action friday and saturday nights getting the cruisers to southend

I got pulled by an astra 1.6 when i had my STi he overtook some cars to sit up my ar$e in a 50 pushing me to go faster and i took the bait gave him a good whipping but a mile up the road he got me luckily they never had any video evidence so he let me off with a stern warning and a producer

so think twice b4 taking on any cars on the public roads who knows u could be racing a policeman

·
Registered
293 Posts
you can always tell an unmarked police car as they have more than one aerial on the roof. Just try to distinguish them from taxi's though, which shouldn't be too hard.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Don't know if this is any use to you guys.

But our local police station is wide open and you can see all there unmarked cars etc in their compound. We usually just drive past a few times and take note of what they have, just to be on the safe side.

Might be worth just doing a drive by the local station and see if you can see where they park all there trafiic marked or unmarked cars.

Hth

Trina

·
Premium Member
22,006 Posts
Just today, a new expensive merc pulled a focus today, telling him to pull onto my driveway (how rude :angel: ). Copper gets out in shorts and a t-shirt, with a baby in the back of his car and 8ollocks the lad for 20 mins, then making him follow him somewhere. This was a completely un marked black car, and the copper appeared to be on a day out like everyone else today

Must be true what they say about coppers always being on duty

Stu

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
I left the local the week, t total - not a drop, only to be followed all the way home by a Honda Jazz 1.4 in bright green!!!

I was driving like a saint, maybe 65 in a 60 on the main road but nothin excessive. was in a line of 5 cars, and he overtook two at what must have been over 75 in a 60 to sit right up my arse.

2 Plod's get out after i've pulled into the girlfriends road and tell me off to being a know it all youth driving too fast. I was livid, done nothing wrong!

**edit**

Another random one down here is the Rover 220 Turbo in Blue, unmarked!

·
Registered
22 Posts
silver octavia and a white volvo estate not totally unmarked but not in usual police colours just area station emblam on bonnett and doors patrol the A 171 between whitby and boro.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Another random one down here is the Rover 220 Turbo in Blue, unmarked!
Are there any of those still alive? Mine dropped a prop shaft and took the gearbox with it :( 2 months and 1500 quid later got the car back and sold it quick before something else went wrong. Apparently the engine mounts weren't up to holding 200BHP in place so they end up tearing the car apart eventually - was a lot of fun to drive at the time though!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts