Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re : Bloodaxe's message : have I been asleep ?

No-one said anything to me about using super unleaded for everyday use !

Obviously something better is sensible for track-day or even hard road use, but is there something somewhere that says an EVO5 or EVO6 has to run on super-fuel ? Autocars review of E6 stated clearly that these cars run on ordinary unleaded, and although my Japanese translation is not good, I've seen no reference in my owners manuals to 98 octane fuel or above.

Come-on chaps, who's right ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Note : I know better than that (everone knows lemonade is for the washer bottle) but I don't know the REAL answer to my first question : That's why I posted it : hoping for a practical reponse from a non- techno running a standard car and driving fairly sanely.What are the facts of the matter ?

If I need to be using an additive I'd like to know

Can anyone give an answer (sorry to be boring).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Simple use SUL all the time, I have a knock link fitted to my VI and you can clearly see detonation on 95 ron fuel, and if you listen to the engine on headphones you will not put 95 in the car.

Regards Kevin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, don't take the chance.

After spending £25k|PLS| on a motor, don't skimp on the fuel and try to save £50-odd over 15,000 miles a year.

I'm no Mits. technician, but I'm betting that an engine rebuild costs a bit more than £50

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks lads : I'll take your advice, although as a matter of interest,
on Friday,the grapevine has it that there will be a man from Colt Cars and a Mitsubishi Master Techincican at Cadwell - might be worth asking them ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lemonade in the battery???washer bottle??my iv`s not running right and a bloke down the pub said Sh*t in the air box, now the car runs rougher and smells too........

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chunky... where do you buy your SUL? I wish it only cost me £50 a year extra on 15,000 miles.

SUL is about 10p per litre more expensive. I need 45 litres to fill up a tank. A tank in my EVO 6 lasts me 200 miles. Therefore, for 12,000 miles a year, I need 60 fillups. Which makes it £270 more! (unless I can't add up).

Still cheaper than a rebuild though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oops!

Yeah, £300 quid extra a year or so.

Mind-up-arse syndrome yesterday morning, continued for much of the day

1 - 9 of 9 Posts