Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
OK. EVO's run on super unleaded. It's expensive. And it used to be 98 RON, nearest to japanese 100 RON.

Now it's 97 RON. Nearer to standard unleaded (95 RON). So:

1) will it do a little more damage now?
2) can an EVO 6 be converted to run on standard unleaded? If so, how and how much?

Me, I know nothing. But you guys who keep the older Lancers screaming along know lots. Anyone have the answers?

Thanks!

Ian

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
I have noticed a drop in torque since the arrival of 97 ron SUL on my VI so I am now using octane booster until my phase one conversion is fitted and that will be mapped for 97 ron.I would not suggest that you use 95ron unleaded as you may well do some engine damage, I have been a victim of that one on a previous car and it proved very expensive.

Hope this helps

Kevin

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Love 'em or hate 'em, the Scooby site has a very good bulletin board. Similar topics such as this raise their ugly heads and I have found it very useful. They also have a couple of Evo owners who regularly fly the flag for us.

www.sidc.co.uk (scroll through to bulletin board on home page)

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Re your Phase one conversion...

On Co-Ordsport's website, phase 1 seems to be a new exhaust. Am I missing something? Reprofiling sounds like ECU stuff to me.

What will phase 1 do/cost/consist of? And where can such delights be purchased?

Thanks

Ian

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Or you could just go straight to

bbs.scoobynet.co.uk

If it ever returns... Withdrawal symptoms settttiiinnnnggggg iiiinnnn!

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Phase 1/Stage 1 consists of:

1. Super Drager.
2. Induction Kit (not too sure which one).
3. Lowered suspension - new springs.
4. Engine tweaked - definitely NO Sports ECU.
5. Cost £3250 inc VAT (£1000 must be towards profit/warranty).

Memebers of the evo-onelist persuaded me to shelve the idea. Today fitted the Super Drager has I cannot see how an exhaust can invalidate the Ralliart/Colt Cars warranty. Suspension next and that will be it until the warranty expires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts