1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive tire Bumper Finger Automotive design Automotive exterior

Hi all,
Here is a poser...
I have had a 0.30 milliamp power drain on my Evo 6 for a while and 2 home mobile auto electricians gave up.
Today the fault was found by a fab Auto Electrician called Electrum in SW19
near me in Sutton by elimination and proved to be coming from one of 2 thin sealed units
that were superglued to the inside of the body work next to the AYC metal filler bottle compartment in the boot.
The Electrician traced wires going into 2 units but it was the red and white wires in just one of these units causing the drain. The electrician has resolved the power drain by now only linking into the ignition circuit when the car is running so that it is not draining the car battery when parked and engine off. He says could not find any reference to what these 2 units are but look original Mitsi done way back. I am happy that I have not got a power drain overnight flattening my battery and can now hopefully put the trickle charger away. However, It would be really nice if any one recognises from the photo and of course know that it is ok that it is not required when car is standing still.
I presume not.
Rob.
Automotive tire Bumper Finger Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies so far...some extra info. I am pleased if this is an old tracker unit before I had installed the new tracker unit when I bought the car years ago.The current Tracker is completely elsewhere and separate.
What is odd though... the drain / discharge started from this old box fairly recently which has been hidden away for years "dormant". I wonder what made this spring into life as an un used unit ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts