Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Before I go and get mugged by the dealer, I thought I'd try the traders etc on here.

I'm after the following please:

4 x undertray clips
1 x air box snorkel clip
1 x bonnet heat sheild (around mesh) clip

If any one has any of these (new), I'll gladly cross you palms with some readies for them.

Thanks,

Paul

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
[email protected] Motorsport or Camskill are usually good for stock parts, but I wouldn't bother with the snorkel clips as these have a habit of popping out and you'll just keep replacing them. My snorkel is currently cable tied on.

I've also got some used undertray clips, but these might be knackered. I'll bring them in for you to have a look at.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I can sort you out some clips Paul. If you can wait until the sprint driver training day I'll give you or Rob them then, I don't want paying either.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah yes, I didn't think about Camskill...

I took the undertray off on Saturday to get the exhaust fitted. One of the clips was missing and 3 others have the head rounded over by some previous over zealous screw driver work.
So, I'm just on a bit of a mission to get all the fasteners sorted.
I can understand what you're saying about the snorkel clips. I found one of those sitting on the air filter when I got home from picking the car up! :mhihi:
[email protected] Motorsport or Camskill are usually good for stock parts, but I wouldn't bother with the snorkel clips as these have a habit of popping out and you'll just keep replacing them. My snorkel is currently cable tied on.

I've also got some used undertray clips, but these might be knackered. I'll bring them in for you to have a look at.
Thanks mate, that would be great.
I'll have a phone around and see where I can pick some up anyway as the information would be handy.

Paul
I can sort you out some clips Paul. If you can wait until the sprint driver training day I'll give you or Rob them then, I don't want paying either.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All fitted.

There was a tiny bit of a faff with the downpipe and it being too close to the gearbox but that was sorted. I will have a further play with it though as I'm sure I can do a better job than we did on the day. :blush:
Basically, we levered the downpipe across 5mm or so then did the decat bolts up. I'm convinced that once the downpipe bolts are torqued up correctly, the downpipe will sit naturally in the right place.
So, I need to buy a log extension so I can reach them with my torque wrench.
I'm glad I went somewhere to get it done though as they had to cut off the three bolts that held the rear box to the centre section of the stock exhaust. They'd rusted right away.
Overall though, the whole thing fits very well and you can see the effort Milltek have taken to get it right. The tail pipe is bang in the middle of the bumper space for example.
I was really surprised at how quiet it is. It certainly sounds deeper than the stock one but, only a very small amount louder. In fact, when pressing on, I can hear the intake noise, turbo whistle and BOV over it from inside the car. :lol:
Sounds nice from outside on idle though and nice with the window rolled down too. In short, it sounds how it should have done from the factory in my mind.
The car is definitely more urgent now too. I didn't press on with just the exhaust fitted as I didn't want it to overboost. Once I'd finished the Gizzmo install, I took it round the block and set that up quickly. It certainly feels more lively now and in gear its more immediate to respond. Shove seems to be greated too. I need to turn the boost up just a touch though as it's stable at around 1.2bar where I want it at 1.3bar (stock level).
I'm very pleased with it really. Just what I wanted with the only thing missing being the pops and bangs. I'm sure they can be sorted soon though.:naughty:
With the exhaust, I also got the boost controller fully plumbed in and working and changed the fuel pump. Changing the fuel pump had to be the easiest job I've ever done on a car... Literally a straight swap.

Just the brake pads, brake hoses and clutch hose to do now until stage two of the power modding. I need a decent elbow replacement to be available for that though...

Paul
How did you get on with the exhaust, is it all fitted, and if so, what do you think?

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
Excellent, sounds like you had a productive weekend. :) Did you lag any of it in the end or just stick it straight on?

Is Tasha cursing the day you bought it yet?! :lol:

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh yes, it was a very productive and my hands will testify to that. :mhihi:

I did lag the downpipe and that took 10 metres of wrap... :eek:
When I get a chance, I will wrap the manifold too and the elbow when I get an aftermarket one.

Tasha has cursed the car since the day it turned up. Having me outside, in the dark with my head under the bonnet that very evening though, might have something to do with that... :D
She does like the car overall though and has not batted an eyelid at the new exhaust note so, that's all that matters.
Excellent, sounds like you had a productive weekend. :) Did you lag any of it in the end or just stick it straight on?

Is Tasha cursing the day you bought it yet?! :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts