Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently fitted KW V3 suspension front little lower than the rear. Had the Geo done as follows...

2.2 neg deg camber front - 1.0 total tow out
1.5 neg deg camber rear - 1.2 total tow in

Had a couple of sessions yesterday at silverstone Piston heads Sunday service and no over exaggeration turning into a roundabout on the way there at 25mph ish (low speed not pushing at all) i was getting under steer on turn in. Got to the track tyre pressures down and softened the rear suspension a bit to try and help front end turn in. Done 3 laps and i have never experienced so much under steer in my entire life.

Please help. If you have any advice i would appreciate it. My thoughts were that maybe there is too much front camber.

·
Premium Member
16,914 Posts
As above what tyres ? also softer rear wont help turn in fact that is usually opposite and harder rear is better but most importantly soften front as Mark says, what settings did you have damping on and what spring rates ?

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Took the tow off of the front this morning, stiffened the rear up and softened the front a little. Completely different car a million times better!

Tyres are AD08R and are about 6 months old.

·
Transmission Dynamics
7,801 Posts
The standard KW V3 set-up is designed for understeer at the limit.

If you want a more neutral to oversteer set-up on corner entry, replace the rear springs with 90N/mm, and fit a 25mm rear anti-roll bar.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Ah so it was your black TME that was in the pit garage, it looked great. My ISF had understeer issues on a novice session that day but I think it was down to a combination of tyre pressures and a lack of skill.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That was me! Had an awful day, went home in the foulest mood imaginable. Love an ISF my friend has a white one and i have a real soft spot for them. Very capable car for something that can be compared to a canal boat :crackup:

Ah so it was your black TME that was in the pit garage, it looked great. My ISF had understeer issues on a novice session that day but I think it was down to a combination of tyre pressures and a lack of skill.

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
I would change Rear toe to 0,
Promotes a little "instability" on turn - in,
(Rear toe in promotes more stability on turn in).

Front Toe-out will chew tires on inside under braking: I also prefer front 0 toe, your choice but I prefer and it works great Zero Toe all around.

Clive's suggestion is however ESSENTIAL, spring rates need adjustment, and you can use rear bar 25mm with 3 adjustable positions to fine tune.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts