Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, had my car serviced at Indigo today and the guys there said there car was pretty clean and looked after which is nice to hear.

He did recommend maybe getting the underseal redone on it.

Just wondering what is sort of standard when doing it, exhaust and props off and all the underneath taken back or do they just put it on top?

What sort of prices for comapnys go for? Any info

·
Premium Member
Evo VI RSX
1,789 Posts
Some remove the exhaust and prop ( mg autos who did mine do it this way) but this costs more, £300 iirc
I have seen a post on here with an offer for £180 but don't know what that includes.
It will probably depend on where you are based and the closest company as its a leave the car overnight situation.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Prop, exhaust, arch liners, plenty of masking out, rust to treat, red lead, underseal and finally cavity wax.
A thankless task I might add ;)
Yeah that's what I was thinking, I could put it up on my axel stands and get it 600mm off the ground and struggle like a bitch, but would be a pain.

What would the price be from you guys? You oringlly mapped the car I own now too!:smthumbup

I'm in Bristol though! :(

But I think I'll get a few quotes from few companies and see exactly what they will do for that money, but it's one of those that I'm thinking if your gonna pay and have it done might aswell do it properly and take bits off mask up, treat etc !

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some remove the exhaust and prop ( mg autos who did mine do it this way) but this costs more, £300 iirc
I have seen a post on here with an offer for £180 but don't know what that includes.
It will probably depend on where you are based and the closest company as its a leave the car overnight situation.
Cheers mate yeah I did see that offer on here and thought was a pretty cheap price

You will generally get what you pay for. It's a pretty labour intensive job.
Yeaaa always the case, just want to find the best place for it, don't want some hill billy attacking the underneath with underseal everywhere just on top covering stuff up if ya get me

·
Zero Fighter
12,869 Posts
Speak to Chris at C1R, he did my brothers gt and did outstanding job.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts