Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If your underside is immaculate / has never been touched and you have no intention of taking the car out in the winter is there any need to have anything applied to it?:shrug:

·
Premium Member
3,422 Posts
I'd just do inside the chassis rails and then leave the underside as is but make sure you clean it properly regularly and generally keep it tucked up at night and on the bad days weather wise

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
If your underside is immaculate / has never been touched and you have no intention of taking the car out in the winter is there any need to have anything applied to it?:shrug:
Is it a fresh import and it has never been undersealed ? If you are only going to use it on dry warm days and store it properly when not in use you won't have to underseal it.

·
Premium Member
10,667 Posts
Will the garage be humidity controlled? If not then waxoyl I would recommend. Might sound anal but over 60% humidity can cause globules of water to form inside the box sections. I left a bit of mine that was down to bare metal for a few weeks with no dehumidification and it had surface rust .

Best to be safe IMO use the clear stuff. It will steam clean off if needed. At the very least get a desiccant dehumidifier. Also airflow is important. Parking on a concrete floor isn't recommended either. Even just some old carpet on the floor helps.

·
TOO many posts.......
17,132 Posts
Leave it B Geoff, make sure your garage doesn't hold humidity because that'll be the party pooper if it does. If so, get a dehumidifier buddy.

·
acting daft since 1969
19,575 Posts
my cars spent its whole life in the garage its no rust on it what so ever ,it goes out ,ges its head kicked in ,washed and cleaned and put back in the garage

the 8 260 i had before hadnt been undersealed ,it was 12 years old and in mint nick for a UK car with 60+ k miles on
while a bit of wax oil down the chassis cavitys is a good idea for the LONG term ,caking it in black shutz is definatly NOT needed

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks - will just get a bit of clear waxoil on the box sections then.

Garage is attached to the house and is opened daily as we have a beer fridge in there:lol:

·
Premium Member
10,667 Posts
I would highly recommend a dehumidifier. My garage is very dry and all decked out. Still amazing how much it pulls out the air. Good luck. Looking forward to see what you've got :)

·
acting daft since 1969
19,575 Posts
BLOODY ELL where id you find that

thats MEGA

but in all fairness it shouldnt come to any harm at all ,as long as its cleaned properly ,which in your hand wont be a problem ,id be very tempted to leave it

·
Premium Member
10,667 Posts
Just be warned. Cleaning and washing a car and not allowing it to dry before putting it in the garage will cause problems. Seen many people wreck theirs doing this.

·
TOO many posts.......
17,132 Posts
Lovely Geoff, if you underseal that I'll personally come round and slap you HARD. leave it like it is and if you feel the need to do the Box section do it, again, I did t with the Mak buddy and it was / is very similar condition to yours

1 - 20 of 32 Posts