Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just had the tyres on my Evo IV changed and while it was up on the ramp saw how much salt had been picked up off the roads, even though I wash the underneath of the car regularly. Being an import I know that very little underbody protection is offered and I'm concerned about the longer term effects of corrosion.

Any suggestions as to the best course of action to help protect the car?

Cheers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi,

You're right about the crap rust proofing/undersealing on imports - doesn't it rain in Japan? I recently (6 months ago)had one of my cars undersealed and rustproofed professionally and I recon that they did a superb job. They covered everywhere that might get attacked (inside sills, wings and amp; chassis members etc.)

Contact [email protected] and he will let you know the URL for the website (lost it).. Not cheap, but worth it in the long run..

Cheers,

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Waxoyl is always a good option. Not only does it protect from corrosion but also halts any corrosion already there. Undersealing over corroded metal could lead to big corrosion probs in the future!
Waxoyl can be sprayed onto required areas, and removed as required, leaving original clean surface.
and no, I don't work for Waxoyl.
Regards, Scott.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can only endorse what Scott has said (I also have nothing to do with the company)

Waxoil is probably the best product to use. It is so easy to apply (just spray it on) and relatively speaking, comes right off when you want to work on the car, and can then be reapplied just as easily. No preperation is required.

Regards
Markja

1 - 4 of 4 Posts