Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody been following this season on the Bravo channel? Its most entertaining and follows a band of hopeful mixed martial arts guys trying to make it big and enter into the UFC. They have two teams with Randy Couture and Chuck Liddell acting as coaches and they have to take part in all sorts of challenges and training then nominate teamates to fight in a UFC style octagon. :cool:

Weeknights on Bravo at 11pm.. :) :cool:

·
Registered
20 Posts
As I live in Boston US i've seen the whole first series . They are making the 2nd series in June. The first one aired here between January and March.

It went down really well. The finals were broadcast Live on 9th April,(4 million viewers) and then Liddell took on Couture a week after.

NOt to spoil it for you, but the lightheavyweight final is one of the best fights in UFC history!! so find out when it's on and cancel all plans you may have had!

Rags

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
im totally addicted to it, watch it every time without fail. some seriously talented guys there although that koshek is an arrogant little **** imo.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rags
Yeh i think they did a deal for a third episode with spike tv also which is brilliant. :D Its an excellent series... the finals should be 2moz evening and i cant wait :rockon:

Just watched a reply of the actual UFC where Randy fought Tito Ortiz and totally controlled him all the way through. I think Randy 'the natural' is the man and he is so talented.. Its hard to keep track of which order all these fights happen as Bravo keep replying and replying them :rolleyes: lol..

Dr Zuess
The ground and pound bits are the best mate... its bloody hard to get out of those top mounts... :D

Y2K
Im totally addicted to it too mate :D :cool: Im so glad Koshek got beat...couldnt stand him the wab!!! He was so stuck up and really rude especially over the Chris L incident :( Did you see those bruises on his forehead haha!!! :D

Overall it is a vicious sport but ive been interested in it for about 10years and follow it all the time too.. I would love to train with the MMA guys but as far as i know there are no clubs in South Wales.. Anybody know of any near to me??

What a sweet science!!! :D :cool:

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Scrappy said:
Rags
Yeh i think they did a deal for a third episode with spike tv also which is brilliant. :D Its an excellent series... the finals should be 2moz evening and i cant wait :rockon:

Just watched a reply of the actual UFC where Randy fought Tito Ortiz and totally controlled him all the way through. I think Randy 'the natural' is the man and he is so talented.. Its hard to keep track of which order all these fights happen as Bravo keep replying and replying them :rolleyes: lol..

Dr Zuess
The ground and pound bits are the best mate... its bloody hard to get out of those top mounts... :D

Y2K
Im totally addicted to it too mate :D :cool: Im so glad Koshek got beat...couldnt stand him the wab!!! He was so stuck up and really rude especially over the Chris L incident :( Did you see those bruises on his forehead haha!!! :D

Overall it is a vicious sport but ive been interested in it for about 10years and follow it all the time too.. I would love to train with the MMA guys but as far as i know there are no clubs in South Wales.. Anybody know of any near to me??

What a sweet science!!! :D :cool:
there were guys fighting from a welsh club at the fight we were at, spoke to them for a bit backstage. ill see if i can track them down through the forum forn you and find out were they train.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Aidy said:
So I take it your guy isn't ;) :p
aaah aidy i wondered when you would appear here with some sort of smartarse remark again safe behind your keyboard?
im sure jason would fight/spar with you if you asked him, you would be right up for this as he is so obviously a push over, especially against a man with your fighting skills.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ahh.. cheers Y2K and johno7 :smthumbup I will have a look through that forum and Y2K...if you can find out whereabouts they train that would be ace and most appreciated... :)

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,798 Posts
y2kfireblade said:
aaah aidy i wondered when you would appear here with some sort of smartarse remark again safe behind your keyboard?
im sure jason would fight/spar with you if you asked him, you would be right up for this as he is so obviously a push over, especially against a man with your fighting skills.
No problem. Give me his number and I'll sort something out.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Aidy said:
No problem. Give me his number and I'll sort something out.
just spoke to jason and he is a bit confused as to why your being so disrespectful towards him considering you dont even know him aidy but i suppose he doesnt know you like i do eh.....
not surprisngly he isnt keen to hand out his number to you but your welcome to a square go whenever suits, hell ill even pay your travelling expenses matey. cant say fairer than that can i aidy??

1 - 20 of 41 Posts