Lancer Register Forum banner

uk time attack car classes

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Barbour 
#1 ·
Can anyone explain the class breakdowns a bit more.
The website seems lacking in what sort of mods seperate classes.

Id be looking with a standard engine just a remap, but full weight saving, roll cage fuel tank relocation uprated breaks and suspension for the first year doing this sort of thing. Dont want to be bumped up into a class that requirs the race licence due to weight.

Any info would be apreciated thanks.

#6 ·
Bit of a tricky one really, because in terms of power it sounds like a Club 4WD car, but I'm pretty sure you'd need race seats and a harness to qualify. So probably Clubman Plus as it stands right now.

For a definitive view it's simple enough to email Simon Slade (simon@timeattack.co.uk) and he will definitely get back to you.

The best person to give you prices on tyres is Shaun Marriott of Pirelli. His mobile no is 07974153559 (I found that number on a Google search so hopefully ok to pass on publicly).

#9 ·
Yes, it put me off completely when i priced a set up and they were coming in at just over a grand in the size I needed. I'm not saying there a bad tyre as i've never used them so I can't comment on that but if the lower "budget" classes weren't limited to 1 particular tyre i'm sure there would be alot more entries. Infact, back when the tyre choice was from say list 1a or 1b there were alot more entries. Even when it was R888's it was better

#11 · (Edited)
The tyres most will use in the road going classes will be the Trofeo R...It's a fantastic tyre in dry and alot quicker than other 1B tyres they are pushing on the door of a slick. If costs is a bother you will get a lot more life out of a Trofeo than most other 1B tyres on the market so won't need to buy as much in a year if doing a season.
Also worth remembering if you enter you do get a decent amount of money off retail price :smthumbup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.