Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Were all EVO's available as UK vehicles, ie. are 260's for example only available as uk vehicles, and can tommy macs/rs's etc be either UK or import.

I ask because I enquired about an RSII and was told it was a ralliart, but they did not believe it had the unique number, stating they didn't think they were given to RSII's.

Can someone shed some light on the set up for me please!!

Johnnie No *****

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Hi

Some insurance companys will treat the RSII as a UK car, even though it is really an import. Don't think the RSII was given a number like the FQ series, so don't worry about that. Have a look at the buyers guide on here, it details the differances between the GSR and RSII.

MB

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Think it depends on which Evo it is.
Evo VII's, the official uk car is the FQ, which is an RS-II.

Oh and it is numbered if it is an FQ.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Aidy said:
The 260 is the only UK car, the rest are all imports.
I know what you're getting at but are wrong.

Unless the 260 was actually built in this country then I am wrong.

The cars that are CONSIDERED to be UK cars are:-

Ralliart badged & numbered VI's
Ralliart Badged VII's
VII RS II's
All FQ's.

Even though they were still "imported" as new.

·
Super Moderator
7,602 Posts
RSgeoff said:
I know what you're getting at but are wrong.

Unless the 260 was actually built in this country then I am wrong.

Ralliart badged & numbered VI's
Ralliart Badged VII's
VII RS II's
All FQ's.

Even though they were still "imported" as new.
Geoff thats not strictly true either ;) but as you said "considered" its fine :D

Some Ralliart badged cars were personal imports of friends of a certain midlands garage;)

Really we should say that only CCC cars are UK - but that will upset too many people :D

Jez

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,880 Posts
RSgeoff said:
Considered by who? You? Irrelevant, the only UK spec car is the 260, all others are imports.

·
Registered
513 Posts
fight, fight, fight......

perhaps if Jonnie gives details of the specific car you could give him an answer from the various view points on that particular car?

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
JohnnieNoStars said:
1. Were all EVO's available as UK vehicles, NO ie. are 260's for example only available as uk vehicles YES , and can tommy macs/rs's etc be either UK or import YES but see my previous reply above.

2. I ask because I enquired about an RSII and was told it was a ralliart, but they did not believe it had the unique number, stating they didn't think they were given to RSII's. Which RSII - VI or VII ? - Neither got a unique number
Hopefully I have answered your questions above - and I think Aidy meant that the 260 was only ever a UK spec car (but then surely all the others in my list above are aswell - they weren't exactly Jap spec cars or done to that spec here for other countries) ?

So Aidy - why is an VIII 260 a UK car, and say a IX MRFQ 360 not ?

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
InsBro said:

Really we should say that only CCC cars are UK - but that will upset too many people :D

Jez
Indeed! :D

Any car that could be bought via the dealer network are generally considered uk cars, especially by the insurance companies.

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,880 Posts
Re: Re: UK Ralliart......or.....import

RSgeoff said:
So Aidy - why is an VIII 260 a UK car, and say a IX MRFQ 360 not ?
Black Knight can probably fill you in better, but it is to do with Euro specs and standards and whatnot. The 260 is the only evo made for the Euro market. The others are all made for Jap market and imported then sold on.

·
Super Moderator
7,602 Posts
Thats not a UK car ;)

Look at the speedo

Jez

·
Super Moderator
7,602 Posts
JohnnieNoStars said:
It looks like A Ralliart Clock 180mph :confused: :confused:

Do you mean it doesn't also have KPH??

Johnnie
Ralliart Dudley had some blue MPH stickers they used rather than blanking the k out of km/h (sad I know)

Jez

1 - 20 of 34 Posts