Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Sorry, maybe this should be in the general discussion but anyway, just a question about UK EVOs. Are the UK EVOs direct from Japan without any adjustments? Or are they detuned due to emission laws...etc? Just wondering. I actually live in Australia so dunno how the EVOs are like in the UK.

If not, I'm guessing the EVOs come with the standard 276 ish HP?

Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Straight from Nippon , no messin :)

Official (?) Ralliart cars have cold climate pack (bigger battery , heated mirrors etc ) and r undersealed (in the UK)
Except 4 that they r as nature intended.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, although the quoted 280ps (276bhp) is attained on Jap-grade 100RON, knock a wee bit off for our 97RON (or 98.6RON if you're using Optimax!) SUL. Then add 20-30bhp cos of the induction kits and 3 exhausts that everybody has! :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heated mirrors ?
i have a (so called) uk car and i dont seam to have heated mirrors , am i meant to have them ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ive Got One,

Is your car one of the 500 official numbered Ralliart UK cars or an imported car bought from Ralliart? I know Ralliart sell a lot of straight import cars, many of which they don't import themselves, and these are not brought to full UK spec cars.

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got 1,

The factory cold climate pack shud include heated door mirrors , so I wud assume that an Ralliart official import will have this.
Check yr battery size , if it almost fills the battery tray that wud indicate cold climate pack IF it is the original battery.
U cud check with R/art against yr chassis number 2 confirm.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my car is deffently one of the official cars No341 , the battery is of the correct size but i am sure my mirrors are not heated .
if they are heated how do i switch them on ???????
time to go back to the dealer for another rant (already been once today :) )
cheers for your help guys
Dafydd

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My understanding is that the heated wing mirrors work when the teperature falls below 3 degrees C. I think they are linked to the heated rear window, but I am not sure.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
With regard to the bigger battery and the cold climate pack... i have a UK evo 6 no21 (one of the original batch of 25 i'm told) and it has the small battery so that is not necessarily an indication... no idea if it has the cold climate pack yet as only got it in the summer...

Are there any other ways of identifying the cold climate pack apart from heated wing mirrors ?

Jevo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The heated mirrors work off the rear demister switch. There is no temperature limit for there operation, well not on the E6 or earlier and to be honest I can't see them doing it that way on the E7 either.
Just whack on the switch and see if the mirrors heat up, if they do then you probably have the CC pack.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hh, thanx for the info I will try it out as I often have a problem with the mirrors not clearing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Heated mirrors come with the cold climate pack. It was a bit hit n miss as to what cars Ralliart got when they finally ordered them. Most had already been sold via the grey market! So some have it and some don't.

It was also down to colour. I could have had the naff baby blue or terrible white with cold climate. But there were no sexy black ones left with it... they'd sold out faster.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
my vi no 470 has heated mirrors. I see them steaming sometimes..haven't tried to see if they switch fromthe demist though.

ps I have a naff baby blue one thankyou

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nice one guys, :) i have had my e6 gsr for 8 months now and only just found out i had heated mirrors .
cheers
Dafydd

p.s, they do only work with the heated rear window .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts