Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Correct me if im wrong but am i right n thinking that the evos 4,5,6 all came with bridgestone so1s as standard,and wheel size was 7.5jx17in and 22545zr17 on the 5,6.Anyway what im getting at is the evo7 is running 8.0jx17in and zr17 yokohama AO46 .Knowing that tyres make a difference and wheels etc,has anyone tried this combo on a 5,6 ,i know the7 has had various tweeks etc,but see this as a possible upgrade?,wonder what a evo7 drives like with so1s and7.5jx17in ,a lot of people dont rate the so1s as well?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
wonder why i bother posting,every one usually has an opinion about most things selling cars ,wax and polish etc ,and other far more important things

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think AO32s would be run more than the 46s on past EVos.as mitsi has just changed to the Yoko's on the E7
Not too sure what the E4 originally ran ,although 205/50/16s on the gsr and 15 on the rs rim size.
I beleive Mark Shead M A Developments has the Yokos and Kevin Aitken the dunlops or visa versa,speaking to them both the street legal semi slicks are faster through the corners by 10-15 mph ,and mark usually takes them at 100 |PLS| as I experience once .and Kevin is hard to keep up with when he runs his on the track.
Ofter wonder how super bikes stay upright with the tyres they run in the wet .which are similar to the Yoko's.
More expensive than so2s but Iwas trying to find out what the dunlops are listed at price wise.
Any one help on that matter.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BUGSY

The yoko ao46 tyre offers slightly more grip in the dry compared to the so1 in the wet the yoko kills the so1, some of this down to the larger tyre size.The tyre should be widely available soon as Honda have started to fit them on there integra type r.Although the wheel and tyre cobination on the 7 contributes to its advantage over the 6 the majority comes from a stiffer chassis and the a.c.d

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For whats it worth (probably not much!)

My A046's are now knackered (1 track day and only about 1500 miles) - Trying the new TOYO's next

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As Shorty said I use the Dunlop DO1J's, they have now done three open pit lane track days and 1000 road miles. I think theres still one track day left in them, as for lap times ask the passengers or check the stop watch :D it aint slow :)

Rgds Kevin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts