Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hi,

Ideally you want to set the tyre pressures to your own car and drivingstyle. However, if its basic settings and you are driving on the streets then around 30psi will be fine. Different if you are taking the car to a track or racing.

If you want to fine tune for optimum handling, response and feedback then set at 30psi all round take for a drive, get tyres warm, move the front and rears up and down by 2psi until you are happy with the way it goes.

Remember to check your pressure when the tyres are hot.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
This is sound advice.

I think you'd be surprised with how much a small change in tyre pressure can change the way the car feels.

With my Pulsar, 1psi made the difference between the ride being very harsh and it being quite comfortable and 2psi made the difference between great and average initial turn in bite.

Spend some time with it and you'll get it just right for you.

Paul
Hi,

Ideally you want to set the tyre pressures to your own car and drivingstyle. However, if its basic settings and you are driving on the streets then around 30psi will be fine. Different if you are taking the car to a track or racing.

If you want to fine tune for optimum handling, response and feedback then set at 30psi all round take for a drive, get tyres warm, move the front and rears up and down by 2psi until you are happy with the way it goes.

Remember to check your pressure when the tyres are hot.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for that the only reason i was asking is that i had new tyres yesterday and the tyre place put them up to 36 and i thought that sounded a bit high. Ill reduce them later on cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts