Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just fitted my EGT and was seeing 765 deg C max.

this seems very low - i would have expected 850 at least. what sort of figures has anyone else seen?

this is at 1.05 bar boost ambient temp 13 deg.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
EGT's

Oli,

I typically see 875 degrees C at the end of a 2 Bar boost run circa 7000 rpm.

My probe is mounted in the collector upstream of the turbo (No 4 cyl, closest to the flywheel usually runs hottest).

Cheers

Simon

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the probe is in the same place as skn's i.e in no4 runner before the turbo.

i can't see the point of putting it after the turbo as you are assuming a temperature drop across the turbo.

thanks for the info anyway.

looks like my 765 is about right for 1 bar ish.

i will try to keep it below 900 when start setting up my power fc.

on a different topic whats the lag like on the gt30 hybrid simon?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Lag

On the road, I get 1.8 bar in 4th gear by 4000rpm, and full boost (2.1 Bar) by 4200rpm.

Obviously doesn't spool as fast as a std twin scroll, but it does give more from 4k up.

Good luck with setting up your FC. Incidentally, as I am now happy with my map, I have removed my egt probe as a safety precaution ;) . If I do any more mapping, it will be refitted.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
hmmm, yes i've already lost the tip off my probe in the couple of weeks between installing it and connecting the electronics. must have tightened the nipple too much - although was being careful.

anyway turbo still boosts ok so it must have gone straight through!

weird though as i had the same sort of probe in my monte turbo which saw 1000 deg regularly and lasted 3 years.

thanks for the info on the turbo - i guess i will go with a slightly larger than OE twin scroll ball bearing unit when mine fails.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts