Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, all

Iv got two sets of 18” wheels coming, so have to get tyres and thought it might be interesting to get your feedback.
i really like the PS2 cup sports, so one set will definitely be having those on, but was wondering, if you had to have a different set of tyres on the other wheels what you would go for?
Im in two minds of trying out the PS4 s , as they are supposedly better in the wet, but what tyre choice would you go for and why?

Thanks for the input.

Chris

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
What will the other wheels be used for?
Heard alot of good things about the ps4's and considering trying them myself at my next tyre change.
Currently using hankooks, which iv found to be a really good all round everyday use tyre for decent money.
Used to run nanknang ns2r on my old evo and loved them, great in the dry and not too bad in the wet but not ideal for an everyday tyre.

Cheers Aj

·
Premium Member
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What will the other wheels be used for?
Heard alot of good things about the ps4's and considering trying them myself at my next tyre change.
Currently using hankooks, which iv found to be a really good all round everyday use tyre for decent money.
Used to run nanknang ns2r on my old evo and loved them, great in the dry and not too bad in the wet but not ideal for an everyday tyre.

Cheers Aj
Hello, Aj

They are road wheels, too.I need new ones as iv gone bigger with the brakes, so the 17” will not fit over the new brakes.
I went to order a set of wedsports, via Ross sport, but they only had 3 in the factory and production in japan doesn't start until November.So, i need the 18” wheels way before that, so i kept that order as i really like those wheels, but managed to source a set of Rays from Torque GT, which can be delivered within a few days, so i just thought, why not try a different set of performance tyres , on one set, so i can change the wheels around if the weather was horrible.
Thats why i was considering a tyre that was a little bit more friendly in the wet.
Just seeing what other people thought, as its good to get a few opinions.

Chris

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
I see, well the ps4's certainly seem to get very good results as a good all round tyre.
As said I am considering them myself. Not sure on what else there is too match the ps4 as an all rounder.
Think the uni royal gets good results as a wet weather tyre, I don't personally rate them, iv had them once before and hated them, found them really soft and wore out really quick. Not sure on what else there is a wet weather tyre, so hopefully a few others will give some options for you.

Cheers Aj

·
Premium Member
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, it seems they are a very good all rounder and most articles iv read back that up.
I just wanted opinions from Evo owners, as thats what they will be fitted to.
Most of the articles and road tests are modern machinery.

·
Premium Member
3,561 Posts
I used PS4’s yesterday to do 150miles in the x rs in monsoon rain conditions. This is the first time I’ve used the car in the rain (had no option but not to coming back from having work done) They coped well and were fine at some speeds albeit mines a couple of hundred bhp less than your car.
Was quite impressed really but honestly If I was you I’d run one set of PS4’s and a more focused set of semi slicks for the dry days. Cup 2’s are great on summer days on dry roads but there not the best on track as such

·
Premium Member
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I used PS4’s yesterday to do 150miles in the x rs in monsoon rain conditions. This is the first time I’ve used the car in the rain (had no option but not to coming back from having work done) They coped well and were fine at some speeds albeit mines a couple of hundred bhp less than your car.
Was quite impressed really but honestly If I was you I’d run one set of PS4’s and a more focused set of semi slicks for the dry days. Cup 2’s are great on summer days on dry roads but there not the best on track as such
Great, this is just what i wanted to hear!
Its not like i'm going to be driving it anywhere near its limits, in the rain, but just want to know that they are up to the task of managing changeable conditions without having to slow right down.
The R888s are a nightmare in standing water, but i haven't tried the PS2’s in these conditions, but i would imagine they aren't much better.
Thanks for the feedback, i appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
10,867 Posts
Great, this is just what i wanted to hear!
Its not like i'm going to be driving it anywhere near its limits, in the rain, but just want to know that they are up to the task of managing changeable conditions without having to slow right down.
The R888s are a nightmare in standing water, but i haven't tried the PS2’s in these conditions, but i would imagine they aren't much better.
Thanks for the feedback, i appreciate it.
What tyres are on yours at the moment Chris? I didn’t look 🤦‍♂️

·
Premium Member
10,867 Posts
PS2’s, mate.
They are really good, i prefer them to the R888’s , to be honest, as they are safer in standing water.
Mark said at some point he wants to put on crap tyres on his , that way it’s more fun to drive 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️😂😂

·
Premium Member
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mark said at some point he wants to put on crap tyres on his , that way it’s more fun to drive 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️😂😂
He‘ll be sideways everywhere!
Save him a fortune, though, so might be the way to go (y) :LOL:
Ill stick to the grippy ones, thank you very much.Marks been used to 800hp + rear wheel drive cosworths, so like Kimi says, he knows what he's doing!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts