Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I have 2 walbro255 pumps in my tank , one in each side of the saddle ,doing this way did away with any need for a swirl pot which I was told would be good on a track especially round the corners , my car (TME) is around 550bhp,500torque,this was done 5 years ago and no problems at all , not sure this is a normal way as we was experimentint with fuel systems when the engine was built

·
Registered
7,320 Posts
Looks a beast of a pump!
Whats Si running, as he should be near 900bhp on race fuel.
It runs twin intank Aeromotive pump but has had two failed pumps in 2 years with it, So the new Ecu will wideband monitor fueling and drop boost for fuel issues if we see lean afr or a dropping fuel pressure.

Mark

·
Registered
7,320 Posts
si's pumps. I always thought you weren't a fan of the twin intank pumps like buschur did years ago.
I didn't like the way the single wire was used where in Simons his has a properly made housing with the correct grade wires for both pumps,
The aeromotive pump is good for over 600hp at a push.

Mark

·
Registered
5,629 Posts
cheers Mark,
Is there a advantage running a twin in tank over in tank lift to secondary pump?
what are the aeromotive pumps 340l/h?

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
It runs twin intank Aeromotive pump but has had two failed pumps in 2 years with it, So the new Ecu will wideband monitor fueling and drop boost for fuel issues if we see lean afr or a dropping fuel pressure.

Mark
So do you find the aeromotive pumps unreliable? I was going to fit 1 of the 340 lph stealth pumps or is it a problem related to using twin pumps? Is there a better pump available for use at stage 1 and also further down the line?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts