Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at treating us to a new TV for when we move and I'm after some advice on the purchase. The models, specs etc. are a minefield for someone like me who isn't really into new tech :lol:

I'm after between 50 and 60 inch model for TV and film (DVD/Blu-ray) viewing only. Not a gamer or really into new technology like fire stick, dongles etc. Sound isn't an issue for the TV as I'll also be buying a surround sound system. I'm basically after a great picture quality TV with reasonable features.

It will be replacing a plasma Panasonic TV. I think I have narrowed it down to either Panasonic (my first choice), Samsung or LG (not a Sony fan). Want to spend less than £1000 probably £600-800 really. Looked at curved models but think they will be an issue with viewing angles in the new lounge.

Was thinking of going for a Panasonic TX-58DX700B but if anyone has any advice good or bad I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

·
Simon - EVO V
1,802 Posts
Just recently spent AGES trawling through all the different models trying to figure out which to buy. Ended up at Currys bought an LG 43 inch, HDR PRO 4K tv, less than £400. Very very pleased with it, superb picture quality, also use the lg app on my phone to change channel and browse the web with its internal browser, superb piece of kit. IMHO don't need to spend silly money on Samsung or Panasonic.. defo recommend you go to a store like currys to view the different TVs there and get an idea of them all..

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Just after Xmas I got a 55inch lg 850v. 2016 model. Haven't tried it out yet but my dad has the 2015 model and that seems good.

Currys have them on sale for 900 quid they're supposed to be around 1200.

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
You can't beat Panasonic/Sony screens. If you had the money I'd say get yourself a Panasonic TX-65DX902. However, given you budget I'd say opt for an LG as they offer good value for money at that price point.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies. Will do a bit more research. Did go to Currys and that was what put us off a curved TV.

·
Premium Member
2,992 Posts
Depebding when your buying the tv if you want new.

Try get last year's Samsung 8000 range as it's the bees knees.... don't fall for Samsung new q for this this new models. Recent reviews have made it stand worse than last year 8000 range.

Go to place like richer sound as you get 6 years warranty and you can haggle on price
John Lewis you get 5 years but they don't haggle really .

Also at richer sounds you can get them to set a tv up in a viewing room, dont just look at them on demo mode in a bright shop floor like Currys offer. Richer sounds will take it out of demo mode and let you play it. Hahaha me and my pal closed the curtains (hey up) booted sales man out and watch barman tweaking the settings.
In the end we spent 5000 between us.

Don't go on the reviews fully, go with what your eyes tell you, No point spending a fortune if you can spend 400 and you see the same.

I was a Panasonic man through and through but last year's models was shocking. Hence why I get my 4k Panasonic from 2 year ago.

Hisense are a good cheap tv with everything a more expensive tv has to offer - check them out

1 - 10 of 10 Posts