Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have fitted a dual port turbo smart dump valve to my car, and after giving the car some and slowing down, the revs drop well below 1000 and at times the car has cut out. :mad:

I have tried adjusting to maximum and minimum, it sorts itself out for a while then goes back to dropping revs.

Took the car to Car Planet Racing where it was bought from and they had no joy. Anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong, faulty dump valve maybe.

Cheers

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
sounds ****ed mate. send it to me and i can dispose of it for you :D

·
Registered
192 Posts
So you've tried adjusting so that as much boost recirculates as possible?

Must not be enough adjustment to force the valve to only VTA at pressure high enough to avoid over fueling/flooding the engine.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
I had a similar Problem

I struggled when fitting an after market Dump Valve - it seems that the Air intake gets depressurised when changing gear. The MAF sensor via the ECU already calculates/determines the Air/Fuel mixture as a result you get more fuel or air thus slight missfire...the recirc valve keeps a certain pressure

Hope this helps :mitsi:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Thats presumably why the fella went for a hybrid dump valve, which is designed to recirculate some boost in order to minimise the problems you mention and vent the surpless to atmosphere to gain the chav sound.

However as he describes it there are still some issues so the hybrid valve is failing to operate as it should.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
I have fitted a dual port turbo smart dump valve to my car, and after giving the car some and slowing down, the revs drop well below 1000 and at times the car has cut out. :mad:

I have tried adjusting to maximum and minimum, it sorts itself out for a while then goes back to dropping revs.

Took the car to Car Planet Racing where it was bought from and they had no joy. Anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong, faulty dump valve maybe.

Cheers
I HAVE ALSO HAD THIS EXACT SAME PROBLEM:mad:

when i first fitted it is was fine, then after a while i get stalling:goingmad:

surely they are both not faulty:confused: i have tried all ajustments but still no luck, maybe it needs taking apart and giving a good clean:confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts