Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi iam after a turbo for my 6 I want to run around the 450bhp mark what would be the best turbo and sensible price as well. I have been looking at mr turbos would they be ok. And what would be the bes type of ecu again sensible price been looking at 7 ecu's or maybe a power fc any ideas cheers

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
8MR turbo will be good for around 400ATF , IX80 turbo can get up to around 430-440ATF with supporting mods ... if you really need 450 then you could try an EvoGreen ... but if you're forging it you might as well get a Red or S205 since they're roughly the same price and will be good for a Green + 50hp ... or try a Tomei ARMS turbo ?

have you considered a Vi-pec ECU ?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To be honest ian new to all this I need help and guidence and I have got to keep the sensible with the cost how much is the vipec ecu an the turbo you said about. I don't mind fitting second hand parts

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
my next upgrade turbo would be evo 1X 80 series on my 6 many ppl sell them on here just keep a look out.but 450 bhp will be too much for an evo 6 standard engine im sure an expert will verify

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
assuming your bores are in good enough shape for drop-ins

don't forget fuelling, brakes, suspension and clutch
.......bankruptcy, divorce.

·
GT CLUB DADDYS HOME
11,879 Posts
Yeah I want the rods done maybe a drop in forge set of pistons as well
give ross sport a pm he will sort you with all the info and parts you will need plus they are traders on here so you know your getting best advice and parts:smthumbup

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Iam going to use standard callipers with mintex 1144 pads I think that's the number 750 injectors 255 fuel pump the clutch will be done but when it's nearly gone turbo ? Ecu ? Rods ? And maybe pistons if needed cat has done 47k 3in exhaust ? I would be happy with 430 440bhp I just want well into the 4's

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh and cams again don't know which ones. But I don't really want the power to high up in the rev range

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
guts of 10 grand is what you really need mate;)

it all adds up:shake:

·
Registered
374 Posts
In the morning give Nick at NR Autosport a call i can recomend them first hand.My set up is Vi-Pec ecu And s205 turbo,i have a fully forged engine,but you only need a rod job.NR have a good rep on there forged rod job.there are a lot of supporting mods needed fuel pump,fuel reg.injectors ect.Nick will fill you in on whats needed

·
MLR Oldie
14,971 Posts
As mentioned already, IX 80 series turbos are good value for money at approx £400 (used) and will be good for 430 - 440 bhp with correct supporting mods.

If you really need 450 then consider the CBRD BBK Full. It should see 450+ again with the correct supporting mods. Its sensibly priced and so far hasn't had any reliability issues. It should also spool up pretty much like a stock turbo.

ECU wise, the Power FC was a decent ecu in its day but they are getting on a bit now. Thats not to say it won't do the job for you. They can be picked up for a few hundred quid so it depends on your budget. If you're looking to spend a bit more then Vipec or Autronic would be worth considering. Autronic have been on the go for a while and there are lots of guys on here use them. Vipec on the other hand are relatively new (but run by an ex Autronic employee) but are getting some very good reviews. [email protected] and Mark Shead (MA Developments) suplly them so they can't be bad.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I know I might sound rather thick here but are turbos like the evo 9, evo green and the s205 bolt on eg will they fit straight onto my manifold and onto my elbow as well it's just iam looking into buying a exhaust and manifold and I don't want to replace them later on cheers

1 - 20 of 21 Posts