Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I never let my engine cool down, bearing in mind on my way to work in the morning I have approximately 2 miles of “granddad” driving and same at home. IMO, I thought because of this situation it was not necessary. How wrong am I.…………. Please be gentle!

The other point is:

I noticed today when I was in 5th at 2500 rpm, when I accelerated the car got to 3000 rpm, held itself and then accelerated. I am quite concerned as to what it is – going to the dealer tomorrow. In the mean time, any suggestions would be appreciated.

I must admit as far as the performance, dealership goes I am most impressed with the TME, however since I bought the car I’ve had problems with the clutch, gear box and now this – as some one else said on this forum, can I go back to my Scoobies? I’ve had a P1 and a 22b – both had some serious jip (lot more than the EVO – because I new I wasn’t going to keep em!) and had no probs!!!

Ta.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Waste of time in my opinion. If you do thrash it (i.e a long period of full or near full throttle driving) before parking up then stay with car for a minute or two.

Otherwise just give it 5 seconds or so whilst you undo your seatbelt etc. The turbo on an evo is water cooled so unless your being brutal or using crap oil then cooking the oil in the turbo is unlikely.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
erm, hmm.

Turbo timers are a security risk and can introduce other problems, as has been said may times on this forum (do a search) the best turbo timer is the driver, only you know the driving conditions, how long and hard you have been driving, best to just ease of for the last few miles and let the car cool as it does so faster with air going over the engine anyway.

On another note, do you consider you car to be warmed up after 2 miles at granny driving pace? I doubt that I'd think mine would be, I also doubt that such a short drive would require much cool down time at all, why don't you just sit in the car, take the stereo out and scratch your leg a few times before you turn the engine off.

What problems have you had with your clutch and gearbox then?

Ryan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bulldog,

If I were you I'd spend a minute or so taking off seatbelt/removing stereo face/tidying interior/picking your nose and put the money towards some mods. Worked for me :) Seriously though I would check with your insurance about these things - it may give the sharks at your insurance co an excuse not to pay if anything happened.

Steve.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dude - Problems with my clutch !!! He He - Dead is the single word that discribes it! - I am going to the dealer tomorrow to complain - the car has done 6500 miles - I am the only person who has driven the car ( almost ever, apart from 4 delivery miles ) I know what jip I've given the clutch and no way should it have died. See what the say tomorrow - Will keep you all posted.

P.S Ta for all the help with the timers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts