Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Some insurance companies wont insure you if you have a turbo timer fitted.
If you warm up your car properly and also warm it down properly, there is no need for a turbo timer.
I dont have one on mine, I just drive the last 5 miles or so to my destination off boost

·
Registered
666 Posts
total waste of money, ive had turbo cars for over 15 years and never needed one, and ive had a garret t3 glowing so you can see thru it , just wait a minit or two thats all ya have to do , timers or just a fad..pub talk..

·
Registered
10,911 Posts
I been told 2 mins really to cool properly but my TT is set to 30 secs as the neighbours give me dirty looks as it is lol but i drive last 5 mins of journey with no boost anyways
Yes I always TRY and let her cool off after a good Drive!!

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How is a turbo timer a fad. if you have one fitted it means you dont have to drive off boost on the way home or sit in the car for 2 mins waiting for it to cool down it does it for you

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
i got apexi on mine, set for 30 secs winter, 1 min summer, wouldn't be without it, as i can't stay in car 2 cool down like

Anyway security wise, if u leave car running, and any1 fancies chance, as soon as handbrake released, car cuts out, and other security kicks in

·
Registered
759 Posts
i got apexi on mine, set for 30 secs winter, 1 min summer, wouldn't be without it, as i can't stay in car 2 cool down like

Anyway security wise, if u leave car running, and any1 fancies chance, as soon as handbrake released, car cuts out, and other security kicks in
i had the same set up as you but when i had the alarm fitted they removed it and set my alarm to run the engine for 2 mins so you can lock the car and not worry

·
Registered
4,499 Posts

Not true......you can drive it on TT,

I took off my TT and I do as others suggest, drive the last few miles nice and easy.

If you get home at midnight after a really mad thrash, do you really wanna leave the car idling on the driveway for upto 5 minutes?? My TT was set to Auto, and would calculate how long it thoiught it needed to cool down properly. P.I.T.A really

1 - 18 of 18 Posts