Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there folks, i am looking for a turbo timer. So if anyone has one then please get in touch with me. My number is 07971 674 696, or you can email me on [email protected]
Cheers
grandad

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
grandad, a tip of advice before you buy one, do a search on this forum and see what people think of them. IMHO you might want to re-consider buying one.

R

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure what people's gripes are about them. Not sure I would use it on the road, but where it has been useful is on track days (if you leave the handbrake wire off :))

After burning round for a few laps, I get out, lock the car and leave it to cool down on the flat! Saves someone nicking yer car!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why wouldn't you want a turbo timer. You hook them up to your alarm and handbrake. Jump out of the car arm the alarm
and let the car cool down. Better then sitting in the car. I would say upto 80% of Turbo cars have timers in OZ.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well its the old

you are the best turbo timer, you know how you have driven the car, you know how hard, you know the conditions, the turbo timer however doesn't. I think they are also make the car easier to steal :(

just my personal opinions

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My experience of turbo timers on two cars in the past are they are a pain in the arse.

On both occasions it would not operate correctly with the alarm.

Once the turbo timers set time had elapsed and the engine switched off both alarms would not activate until I went back to the car and manually switched the alarm on.

Best bet is to let the car run off boost for the last couple of minutes before you park up and switch of the engine.

Some Clifford Alarms have a facility to let the engine run for a set time after you have removed the keys and set the alarm when the set time has elapsed. All this without the expense of a Turbo Timer.

Skeletor

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Folks so much swabble, ive run a few Impreza's with timers in them and they have been trouble free. In my opinion they are gr8, just jump out of the car and leave the timer to do its magic instead of sitting there twiddling the old thumbs.

Thats my opinion, obviosuly people disagree....

Still want one tho.....
The G

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My turbo timer has its preset times. I can adjust these times with a simple button if I would like to increase the amount of time I want the car to cool.
I also have a setup which when I hop out of the car I arm the alarm. This locks the doors and a relay off the ignition wire activates the alarm as soon as the car turns itself off. I also have the timer setup to the handbrake. If someone hops into steal it they have to drive with the handbrake on. If the handbrake goes down the car turns itself off and the alarm arms. All this cost me about 150 pounds including the Moongoose alarm. You guys bitch to much.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Track day boys, it is good for this - leave the handbrake wire off, then when you get in the pits, park it on the flats, jump out, alarm it and leave it cool down for 5 or 10 minutes on it's own. I have seen cars nicked on track days when the owner has left it running to cool down, and was chatting to other drivers about their last fab lap. There is so much activity in the pits, that it is too easy for some one to jump in your car and drive off!

Turbo timer actually makes it more secure - at least the door is locked....

And anyway, haven't you all got trackers or trackstar?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts