Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Huge thanks to Russ and the guys at Wallace Performance in Aberdeen (01224 708 444) for sorting out my EVO at short notice :smthumbup

Started off with a busted TD actuator :( then the wastegate fell off my Green :wallbang: then found out that the ball bearing core had enough play to be damaging the compressor wheel slightly :goingmad:

So looked in to the options and seeing as I already have a forged HKS Super 2.0 engine, Full Race Manifold and 3in modular downpipe, I decided to go for a slightly larger stock fitment turbo :naughty:

Availability and cost swayed me towards the Turbo Technics S205 and with Wallace Performance being the main Scottish Turbo Technics dealer, a plan was set :mhihi:

So, to cut a long story short, the turbo is a fantastic upgrade from the Green - 500rpm higher boost threshold, a bit of lost "transient" response and lag, very slightly more surge if provoked, but a whopping 70 more bhp :D :D

Graphs below - first set are S205 on high and low boost settings, second set are S205 vs ball bearing cored Green:

Some minor fitment issues with s205 - oil & water lines not perfect, intake step down pipe needed, intercooler pipes needing modified, but Russ and the guys sorted them all out no problem :smthumbup

Cheers :D

Rog

·
Premium Member
8,486 Posts
Nice one Rog,

Still the ultimate response machine and some then ;)

Lucky you caught the Green when you did after what happened to Russ (Cossie1) !!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Some minor fitment issues with s205 - oil & water lines not perfect, intake step down pipe needed, intercooler pipes needing modified, but Russ and the guys sorted them all out no problem :smthumbup

Cheers :D

Rog[/QUOTE]

We've identified the issue with the oil drain, and the slight mod now put in place will fix that. We took the view with intercooler pipes that as so many are modified anyway, it's tough to come up with a kit to fit all!

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers folks :smthumbup

On the road, it is very nice when run at 1.7-1.8bar (mine has slight boost creep at higher rpm for some reason) :mhihi:

On high boost it is scary, in a good way :lol:

Rog :D

·
North Scotland R.O
13,412 Posts
Really glad you caught it when you did rog, look forward to seeing how the new turbo performs :)

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Your Green From FP

Hi Rog
Just aswell you got it sorted before it went pop:smthumbup did you get it from FP? what sort of boost did you run the Green at? well i hope you enjoy ya new turbo:smthumbup could be my next move in the future:handsup::smthumbup
Cheers Darren:D

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers Guys :D

Darren - mine was a Trbo Dynamics ball bearing converted FP Green with 4in anti surge cover etc... I ran it mostly at 1.7bar, but it got used at 2bar by Martin before me for sprints etc...

Cheers :)

Rog

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Cheers

Darren - mine was a Trbo Dynamics ball bearing converted FP Green with 4in anti surge cover etc... I ran it mostly at 1.7bar, but it got used at 2bar by Martin before me for sprints etc...

Rog
Thanks for the info Rog:smthumbup any failure on a Green gets my attention:crackup: thr TT turbos seem to be getting some good reviews from the MLR users:smthumbup

Enjoy:smthumbup

·
Registered
4,063 Posts

Rog
Did you fit your 4" shroud from your green to it?

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was ignoring all the anti-Green bad press until mine died :rolleyes:

Apparently TT have recently upgraded the S205 to include an anti surge shroud, but I think this is 3in - not sure, though...

Rog :)

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My Green had a good life :lol:

Turbos don't last for ever I guess...

The S205 drives more nicely on 1.7-1.8bar, and still produces over 500bhp on this setting, so this is where I'll use it mostly - I'm likely to be doing over 5000 miles of European trips and track days this year, so need the reliability to be good...

Those running Greens (or other standard frame turbos) at 2bar+ all the time might want to start saving, I guess :lol:

I'm sure Darren's will last for ever though :mhihi:

Rog ;)

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Thanks Rog

My Green had a good life :lol:

Turbos don't last for ever I guess...

The S205 drives more nicely on 1.7-1.8bar, and still produces over 500bhp on this setting, so this is where I'll use it mostly - I'm likely to be doing over 5000 miles of European trips and track days this year, so need the reliability to be good...

Those running Greens (or other standard frame turbos) at 2bar+ all the time might want to start saving, I guess :lol:

I'm sure Darren's will last for ever though :mhihi:

Rog ;)
Famous last words:crackup::crackup::D:smthumbup the kiss of dealth:lol:
It's simple, it breaks you move on to another turbo:D just like you did:lol:
Thanks for the kind words:smthumbup

1 - 20 of 140 Posts