Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
hi lightspeed
since you seem to know so much about turbos :)

you have mentioned that the EVO7 has got a TD05HR 16g6 9.8t ( i hope i got all the name right) now i understand that the evo6 had the same but with a 10.5t exhaust housing. how much bhp is the EVO7 turbo rated at ? i remember reading the the 105t turbo is rated at 385BHP. how much will the smaller exhaust housing affect the top end power ?

on the EVO7 manual they also mentioned that they have reduced the turbine nozzel cross section is that what refering to the 9.8t or do you know of any other differences.

thanks in advance for your help.

sam

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry about the late reply - been on my hols!

Hey I don't know THAT much about turbos!

AFAIK the number refers to the turbine housing cross section. (possibly in cm^2).
The smaller housing improves turbine response at the expense of maximum flow. Critical for rallying and better mid-range torque (earlier spool-up)

The compressor wheel is AFAIK unchanged so the major power characteristics of the two complete turbos are broadly similar.

The small reduction in turbine housing cross section will only affect maximum hp by a small amount. I can't give any exact figures as I don't have any hard data. Probably in the region of 1-5hp. The other problem is that the exhaust gas temperatures can be increased by trying to push too much flow through a small turbine housing. Definitely fit that EGT probe!

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
cheers
i hope y ou have had good hols. so you are saying then that the turbo should be good for 375bhp ish max kind of thing. i am planning to run the car at 1.4-1.5 bar really and was just wondering how much bhp will this be good for. assuming the E6 will get 380 at 1.7-1.8 bar i should be getting around 340-350 at 1.5 bar ? or am i way off.

on the menu before the summer will be an boost gauge, oil pressure and lambda display and egt. the only thing is i can't find a place to fit them all in the 7 :(. i am know thinking about fitting a digital display of some sort. i also can't find one that will incorporate every thing i want.

thanks

sam

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting that they thought it better to fit the smaller exhaust housing to an E7. Do you know the a/r of these?

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
holidays were ggod but not enough snow in the Alps - cut my new Palmer Carbon 162 to shreds - sob...sob - oh well out with the ptex repair stick now I'm back.

Yes - 1.4-1.5 should be giving around 340-350 bhp - maybe almost 360 if your lucky.
For a road car this is plenty - beyond that and you're running out of injectors - 90%|PLS| duty cycles.

OG - don't know any AR's - Mitsi like their cm^2 numbers best. (A only)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts