Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,
whats the max boost you can run through a 80 series turbo, or is it worth just going for a tt 205? or are these similar in output gains?

cheers milly

·
Registered
291 Posts
Search button is your friend - obviously supporting mods are where you will match and make best gains.
As I'm aware people are running 1.9 bar through the 80 series up to 450/470 (whitti I believe)
The tt 205b has seen up to 560 depending (gum, engine tuner ) on 2.0 forged/stroker/meth mix again around the 2bar to 2.2 bar.
Graphs should show you that the 80 series spools earlier, however what are you intending to use the car for?

·
North Scotland R.O
13,412 Posts
I ran 2.1 bar through an 80 series on my forged Evo 4 and sadly the turbo didnt last very long at all! :(

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
450 is what im after with the engine built to suit,im on a realitvy tight budget of around 4k,to get rods pistons cams and turbo, clutch is already fitted for the power i want and the car is fully poly bushed,tein coilovers with edfc,exhaust,filter,intercooler,hard pipes are all done,
theres just so much choice for items needed its unbeleiveable lol

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Search button is your friend - obviously supporting mods are where you will match and make best gains.
As I'm aware people are running 1.9 bar through the 80 series up to 450/470 (whitti I believe)
The tt 205b has seen up to 560 depending (gum, engine tuner ) on 2.0 forged/stroker/meth mix again around the 2bar to 2.2 bar.
Graphs should show you that the 80 series spools earlier, however what are you intending to use the car for?
yes it is but that makes things even harder to deciede :goingmad:

·
Premium Member
10,015 Posts
Stick to an 80 series as long as you are using good 272 cams you will get about that figure @ 1.85 bar ... that's about the ceiling of safety on standard fit turbos .....

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
planning on doing a track day or 2 and wouldnt mind trying my hand in the MLRSS,
i know ill be at the back of the field but everyone has to start somewere

·
Premium Member
10,867 Posts
450 is what im after with the engine built to suit,im on a realitvy tight budget of around 4k,to get rods pistons cams and turbo, clutch is already fitted for the power i want and the car is fully poly bushed,tein coilovers with edfc,exhaust,filter,intercooler,hard pipes are all done,
theres just so much choice for items needed its unbeleiveable lol
If your on a really tight budget I would save some more money :smthumbup

1 - 12 of 12 Posts