Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
What upgrade options are available for the standard E6 turbo in terms of increased flow....over 400bhp? I know that you can get a roller bearing conversion keeping the same size internals through essexturbos(?) but is there anyone doing compressor wheel changes etc.? I believe that the fact that they are reverse spinning means that the common compressor wheel swaps are not available. If converting to an opposite (normal direction) spinning turbo I assume that you need a new exhaust manifold, and am I correct in assuming that there would be a trade off in increased lag over the reverse spinning variant?

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
I think you answered almost all the questions yourself.

Any upgrades for e4,5,6,7 usually involve a change of manifold and a larger Garret or Mitsubishi based turbo (clockwise spin).

Greddy do a popular td06-20g kit and also a 25g for those who want more than 450hp.

The HKS and Garrett ball bearing turbos based on T04S compressor wheels can produce over 500hp and over similar lag to the original setup.

For sheer responsiveness you would not beat a ball bearing conversion to the original turbo.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
turbo dynamics also do a bigger compressor conversion on the standard turbo. it is reverse spin titanium compressor. it is also bigger however no one really knows how much power it can produce, not even them when i spoke to them. they have supplied it to one car, prepared by roger clark but it did not last for very long as they wanted a lot more power.

it is on exchange basis and it is quite expensive i thought around 1k if i remember correctly. so if you add the price of a second hand turbo you are not far off getting a turbo and manifold.

sam

1 - 5 of 5 Posts