Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there, have a problem that i am hoping you guys can help me with, i have finished all my breather mods now with 4" intake, battery relocated, and full stainless i/c pipe upgrade i/c still standard for now, it spools up beautifully , but just before 7000 rpm it stops boosting , it does keep accelerating but you can tell the turbo is hardly pulling, and if i keep my foot down at 7500rpm, it picks up again like a b****, but for a couple of minutes the revs will not frop below 3000, evenn at a standstill, any1 got any ideas, there are no air leaks, or oil leaks , nothing is effected as far as i can tell, and is only boosting just short of 1.2 bar,

any ideas:wallbang:

·
Premium Member
22,084 Posts
hey there, have a problem that i am hoping you guys can help me with, i have finished all my breather mods now with 4" intake, battery relocated, and full stainless i/c pipe upgrade i/c still standard for now, it spools up beautifully , but just before 7000 rpm it stops boosting , it does keep accelerating but you can tell the turbo is hardly pulling, and if i keep my foot down at 7500rpm, it picks up again like a b****, but for a couple of minutes the revs will not frop below 3000, evenn at a standstill, any1 got any ideas, there are no air leaks, or oil leaks , nothing is effected as far as i can tell, and is only boosting just short of 1.2 bar,

any ideas:wallbang:
what car is it and is it standard ecu? has it been mapped, do you have a boost controller

is it a violent loss of power, like you have hit something solid, or is it more a flatspot in power

Stu

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its an evo 5 running a standard ecu with no boost controller , its a flat spot definatly not a violent loss like fuel cut , i have experienced that in a pals e5 and wasnt nice

·
Registered
9,261 Posts
turbo

maybe just the turbo running out of steam-i had a 4rs that felt like that..
is it deffo a 5 turbo with 10.5 hotside?
going by std 5s i"ve had they do feel a tad flat after 7k

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im more worried about the latter problem the sudden acceleration increase and the car holding revs at 3000 when i come to a standstill after it has happened

1 - 5 of 5 Posts