Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When changing through gears I am noticing more each time that along with the normal turbo lag, I seem to be getting a sort of burbling effect and the car lurches when decelarating as if it doesn't want to slow down? Overboosting maybe? Anyone know what I am talking about or can share this experience, perhaps I am just worrying about nothing.
Btw, car has one of those HKS SSQV but never had any problems before....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Duffman,

When I accelerate hard in 1st, then 2nd then 3rd and then 4th and then come off the throttle I get the burbling affect. It can be felt and heard quite easily. I have had this since I had the car from new - before and after induction and exhaust mods. Its still appparent with or without the HKS SSQBV. Never caused any other problems but I would be interested to know what this 'Burble' is.

Daz

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Evotrak,

Explain more please about the SAS please.

I know this is Andy Fox's favourite subject.

Daz

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Daz :D:D:D
Like I told Ryan before, the SAS are a small band of elite soldiers etc etc etc http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/tonguewink1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

Alternatively, the SAS is activated when the accelerator has been flat down for greater than 4 secs and the revs are still above 4,000 rpm. What it does is it opens the little silver valve that is located on the back right hand side of the rocker cover (looking at the engine with the bonnet up).
This will dump air from the intake into the exhaust system and this will cause any extra fuel that is present in the exhaust (due to the ECU overfuelling) to combust and cause a mild form of antilag. This will be why the car feels like its continuing on because the turbo is still developing positive boost pressure for a split second after you come off the throttle.
The burbling you will hear will be the fuel combusting in the exhaust rather than in the cylinders.

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interesting this.

Recently I have some thing of this effect ,I can feel it rumble down the exhaust system and then a sort of relief when out of the tail pipe with slight lag ,this happens when running continuously in say 3rd 4th for a mile then accelerate hard and change up.When running fast around back lanes the exhaust starts to pop as the engine works harder.The tail pipe looks scorched if I stop and take a look ,so I guess a flame out must of occurred,Often wondered why cars back off a little on the motorway after a bit of traffic hold up :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts