Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

i'm having low boost etc and i thought it must be a boost leak, but have done pressure test and found none, i've also checked the actuator today the that seems ok too.

i've checked the turbo shaft and there doesn't seem to be no play in and out or side to side, but i did spin it with my fingers and it only spins about 180 degrees (defo not all the way round). so i'm guessing it means the bearins have gone?

can anyone confirm this?
cheers
andy

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Sounds like it And, unless its rubbing on the side of the housing but I'd be surprised if you've bent the axle or a vein without something going through the induction.

I have an MR turbo with 10.5t hotside if you are interested. Mates rates of course, and I still owe you a brew for your help yesterday.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i might replace it with a 9 series 80 to be honest :) but will see as have no money at the mo :(

·
Premium Member
9,730 Posts
if theres no play in it as you say then i doubt very much if its the turbo itself , it wont spin freely , id look at tension on actuator/ controller if you have one or exh housing crack

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
when you say tension on the actuator / controller how would I test this? when I tested the actuator it seemed to move in and out quite freely. I'm running a blitz spec r controller, thanks Andy

Also I think i'll have to get a leak down test cause I'm only getting -0.25 to -0.30 bar on idle.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
is booked in on wednesday afternoon so will let you know how it gets on

·
Premium Member
9,730 Posts
when you say tension on the actuator / controller how would I test this? when I tested the actuator it seemed to move in and out quite freely. I'm running a blitz spec r controller, thanks Andy

Also I think i'll have to get a leak down test cause I'm only getting -0.25 to -0.30 bar on idle.
quiet freely, it shouldnt be .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts