Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title, has anyone ever traveled on an aeroplane long-haul with a turbo charger in their hand luggage? Anyone know what a new evo X upgrade MHI billet turbo would weigh?

Been offered them for just over £1000!!!! (Got to love the exchange rate sometimes)

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
I can think of no reason, other than some airlines weight restriction, as to why not. :smthumbup

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
dont see why not although most airlines now weigh your hand luggage and emirates are anal as ****, ive carried a few weird things before though, welder, impact gun, downhole tool, defibrillator etc

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Youll breze it mike.
i brought back a cat back system!

not :lol::lol:
sounds cool tho smuggling turbos :rockon:

·
acting daft since 1969
19,604 Posts
weve sent LOADS of stuff all over the world with rally team hand luggage, if you can take a surf board youve no issues

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Only thing i would say is that when going Manchester airport last month. Security took half of my car parts off me that had any size to them when putting them in hand luggage. Saying that I could club someone because they are solid piece of metal.

**note .. returning a sarcastic comment saying that i had 2 fists that could do worse then these items. Did not go down well :wallbang::wallbang::wallbang::goingmad:

Surly it's worth £20 -£30 to check in another suitcase. Then no security to worry about.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
You can always say its a hair dryer mike, wet to dry in 5 seconds

Reactions: cesarbarbosa

·
Registered
423 Posts
worth paying extra for the other suitcase definitely lol..

saying that, how much would the turbo weigh? must be a lot for hand luggage! theres a restriction of 5kg on some airlines, others the bag just has to fit in a certain size and you have to be able to lift it over your head!.... hope you're good at powerlifting :lol:

·
Registered
11,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
my hand luggage often weighs over 7kg easy with my laptops, hard drives, ipad etc. Another 5lbs isnt gonna hurt lol

·
Registered
270 Posts
I hand carried a starter motor from Blighty to Spain couple of years ago (weighed a ****in ton!). I was worried about it going through the scanner but i had a word with the old boy behind the wicket and it was no probs...

·
Premium Member
4,964 Posts
Yes indeed no problem, I took one over to Our friend Jon in Malta a couple of years back in my suitcase:smthumbup

·
Registered
11,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well ive carried an ayc pump in my suitcase all the way back from thailand, and i just asked KLM if it was ok. As long as it was oil free then it wasnt an issue.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts