Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm going to put some things on the car, and after research on here, the things I've short listed are...

Ralliart ECU
Magnex (probably) de-cat
K&N Induction
Fuel Pump
Boost Controller (possibly Apexi AVCR)

The question really is, are Ralliart ECUs worth bothering with now that ECUTek is coming onto the scene? There's one in Parts For Sale at the moment.

I'm guessing about £1000 for that lot give or take, plus fitting (tried getting prices and such from CPP, but they're not answering mail or PM's at the mo :cry:, so I'll probably call tomorrow)... ECUTek is going to be a bit more over the cost of a Ralliart ECU, but can the performance gain be enough to warrant it? :confused:

Any opinions welcomed, before I spend all the money I don't have! :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
I would suggest the ECUTek would be useful for you mate- Speak to Dave or Sam mate aka either evo-7 or evo4oo respectively.

Selling my exhaust system if you are interested mate.

Magnex front pipe, de cat & Blitz Nur Spec R exhaust ;) only around 6 months old

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Go to Rc developments,they will return your calls and are very helpfull,and apart from Ralliart,were one of the first Evo tunners in the contry,and have no engine expultions,which cant be said for many of the other tunners! ;)

·
Super Moderator
7,386 Posts
Guys when the workshop is busy i may not get chance to reply to mails for a fewdays. Its not that we don't want your work, its simply a case of we have to put the people who have cars currently in with us first. Im sure if you guys were awaiting your cars being finished you would feel the same. If you can't wait for a reply simply pickup the phone and book in :D

AJ ive already advised you which path to go down m8, as soon as i get a chance i will reply to your mail :) but as above if you can't wait ring me.

Corbs are you saying RC have had no engine failures and we have ? :crackup:

Gary :)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Gary... thanks, and I know I've spoken to you about stage one + two before, but I can't afford all that right now (all this is in the E-mail and PM), so I'm just trying to get myself started with what I think I can afford. :(

I must admit, I tended to think that phone calls were more intrusive than an E-mail/PM, which can be read as and when.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
i can personally vouch for Gaz's work. never had any probs.

and like he says, pick up the phone, its closer to the kettle for him to answer, as thats where he spends most of his time :D ;)

_AJ_ autronic is the way to go :D Ralliart will be fine if thats as far as you want to go but if not then you will be at a loss when you sell it on to upgrade

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WULLIE said:
i can personally vouch for Gaz's work. never had any probs.

and like he says, pick up the phone, its closer to the kettle for him to answer, as thats where he spends most of his time :D ;)

_AJ_ autronic is the way to go :D Ralliart will be fine if thats as far as you want to go but if not then you will be at a loss when you sell it on to upgrade
I had fully intended to have the Autronic ECU eventually (once I'd gathered up some more cashola), but I was craving a little something extra sooner rather than later, and the Ralliart ECU seemed like something I could maybe sell on when I was ready. :confused:

Ideally of course I'd wait and get it all done at once, and I'd mentioned that to Gary already, but I'm hellishly impatient! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
_AJ_ said:
I'm hellishly impatient! :rolleyes:
haha, join the club.

get into your bank and say ''geeza visa mister''. :D then go and see gaz :D sorted

·
Premium Member
7,807 Posts
Hi Aj,
I had to go down the same route as you're thinking about(cash shortage mortgage etc) and i wasted quite a few quid.I've just had Gaz fit the Autronics ecu and its miles better.Now i'm saving to get the internals done and you need severe patience for that!!
Where abouts in lancs are you
I came from a subaru as well!

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Corbs said:
Go to Rc developments,they will return your calls and are very helpfull,and apart from Ralliart,were one of the first Evo tunners in the contry,and have no engine expultions,which cant be said for many of the other tunners! ;)
What a load of rubbish!

·
Premium Member
7,807 Posts
Howdo AJ,
I'm over in Preston(well workwise)but live over Chorley way.
rgds Neil

·
NR555
7,416 Posts
why don't people like using telephones any more?? As i work at a desk with a pc and have internet acces, when a pm or email comes in i can respond to it. For sure if i was halfway through some workshop type job i'm certain i wouldnt stop what i was doing to answer an email / pm. If people want help or advice SPEAK to the man dont a$re about with one way communication, there is no need.

Sorry if its of topic but it p!sses me off....

Rant over

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My thinking was that a phone call would interrupt whatever work they were doing at the time, and since it was essentially just a list of parts for prices, I thought an E-mail/PM would be easier to respond to when they had time. I know Gary is often posting on here.

If you were halfway through a workshop job Tom Dick, how would you know that an E-mail/PM had arrived on the computer in another room anyway?? I wouldn't want them to stop to answer it... that's the whole point! :rolleyes:

Quite how this could be something that would **** you off so much, I don't really know. :confused:

·
NR555
7,416 Posts
its the one way communication thing that rags me off, texting, emailing, pm's and the like. its maybe done to the nobs we have to deal with at work who take the attitude of "well ive done my bit ive sent an email" but havent really sorted f all

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Corbs said:
Lmfao.

I hope you arn't including thier demo car in that (very) sweeping statement. :D

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Wehey! Thanks to Chris for selling me his Ralliart Sports ECU (picking up thrusday), so that's 1 bit down!

Spoken to Gary on the phone about the other stuff now as well. :D

·
Registered
335 Posts
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Corbs
Go to Rc developments,they will return your calls and are very helpfull,and apart from Ralliart,were one of the first Evo tunners in the contry,and have no engine expultions,which cant be said for many of the other tunners!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: and then blow up

James

·
Registered
46,409 Posts
EvyEvo said:
quote:
Originally posted by Corbs
Go to Rc developments,they will return your calls and are very helpfull,and apart from Ralliart,were one of the first Evo tunners in the contry,and have no engine expultions,which cant be said for many of the other tunners!

:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: and then blow up

James
i doubt theirs a single tuner who aint ever blown up an engine or somethings messed up

its part of the tuning business bud

1 - 20 of 23 Posts