Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At present, I have an e5 gsr, and would like to tune the car to a simular level to the scooby I had previously ( getting bored with the poor standard performance), so this would intail reaching about 340-350 bhp 320 lb/ft. The catch beind that the wife doesnt want it to change, so all mods must not effect the cars standard drivability, and create very little extra noise over standard. At present the only mods are and hks ind kit, strut brace front, and piaa driving lamps, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated as I am new to evo tuning.

regards

ceri

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ceri
You've just sold what you neede to reach that! AVC-R etc.
All you needed was an uprated fuel pump and you would have had similar figures!
Got Godspeeds discs on it yet! I bought a set for my 6 a few months back! Still didn't fit properly, the bell was too big! I think I'm Ian's Guinea Pig and I had to go to his workshop to get it sorted out.

Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I told you they dont fit, that the bell is too big and the holes are too big (brakes section 2 piece discs thread).

If you want to increase torque and hp, you need an exhaust and ECU. It will be noisier but not much depending on the exhaust.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ceri,
I was looking to get a similar increase from my E5, but from what I have read there seems to be a significant difference between the E6 and the E5 that affects the approach to increasing power - the pistons - which on the E5 are apparently inferior to the E6 and cannot cope with as high a boost level. Although opinions vary it seems that you can get away with 1.3 bar on the E5 which is handy because thats what mine has been running for 3 years . Above that I get the impression that you are taking an increasing risk. Hence my conclusion is that the E5 has 2 levels of tuning in practice with no middle ground - firstly theres the low level induction/full exhaust/Sports ecu kind of thing, after which its forged pistons and rebore, so you might as well do the rods, cams and everything while you have the engine in bits - big money, especially when you need to upgrade the ecu to Gems or the like.
Maybe the wise ones can comment but I dont see there is a middle ground with the E5 - so I shall probably stick where I am at approx 320/330 bhp and concentrate on the handling :D

Unless someone knows better:)
Darryl

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would say upgrade the internals so you are on the safe side and why not get power benefits just like from NA tuning and later on up the boost as high as it goes without losing efficiency (1.8 bars or there about?)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As I said first off, these mods must be discrete, meaning no little boxes in the car, I am therefore thinking about a re-mappable ecu, and a quite, cat free exhaust, if there is such a thing. Again thanks for your replies

ceri

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As I said first off, these mods must be discrete, meaning no little boxes in the car, I am therefore thinking about a re-mappable ecu, and a quite, cat free exhaust, if there is such a thing. Again thanks for your replies

ceri

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

ceri

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Get a mapped Gems then, cost GBP 1.400 and an HKS Super Drager or any other JASMA certified exhaust system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts