Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have an Evo 8 MR 340 and at the moment its completely standard, and I was looking for some advice on whats good to do for some nice little power gains.

When i bought the car from Xtreme in Dudley they suggested breathing is the first thing, like exhaust and induction kit.

De cat is obvious but my MOT is due soon so I will wait until that has been and gone and then swap it.

Is it worth swapping the whole exhaust or is the super drager 340 exhaust good enough?

Whats the best induction kit to get?

Is there anything else just little subtle tweaks that i should consider

I dont want a massive tuning bill just yet, but watch this space

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
Hey guys,

I have an Evo 8 MR 340 and at the moment its completely standard, and I was looking for some advice on whats good to do for some nice little power gains.

When i bought the car from Xtreme in Dudley they suggested breathing is the first thing, like exhaust and induction kit.

De cat is obvious but my MOT is due soon so I will wait until that has been and gone and then swap it.

Is it worth swapping the whole exhaust or is the super drager 340 exhaust good enough?

Whats the best induction kit to get?

Is there anything else just little subtle tweaks that i should consider

I dont want a massive tuning bill just yet, but watch this space
The superdragger will take you to around 380 bhp, but not much further. If I were you I'd modify the air box (do a search on here) and fit a 3" turbo back exhaust (including decat) and then get the car remapped.

That little lot should see you at around 400 bhp with decent torque figures. If you stretch to a boost controller, you can bring the power in earlier and control the boost better, normally meaning more peak power. At that point you are close to what most people accept as "safe" on 8 internals. Much more power and you'd need to consider upgrading your conrods at least.

You can recover a lot of the cost of those mods by selling on your Superdragger for around £150, and sticking your piggy back ECU (no longer needed after remap) on ebay for similar money.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts