Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a newbie on evos, I wondered is it good to start with a fresh 280hp or is it best to get one already tuned.

What is needed to get a 280 to 360 hp

cheers

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'd do it ya self mate as u know then what's been put in , put the best in u can afford as I will only come back on u and kick u in the arse !!!! , go stage 1 which is a nice 3"" exhaust decat , a good map and air intake u should be good for over 300 bhp I'm fairly new too mate but I'm sure there's more peoe on here that could advise better but I hope you've got a deep pocket cos they can cost a bomb ha ha but I suppose what do u expect for a 16 yr car Ive spent nearly £2k in last 6 months on mine lol ,
Good luck and get some pics up pal .

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
stage 1
fuelpump
filter
exhaust
Chiptuning boost around 1,5bars

When starting off fresh you know what you put in..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive seen a nice one but clutch is slipping. Also its done 96k. If I started hoping it up I would be worried bout it damaging the rest if the engine. But inside is real nice and clean. What fuel oump would be best to go on it.

·
Premium Member
10,870 Posts
As a newbie on evos, I wondered is it good to start with a fresh 280hp or is it best to get one already tuned.

What is needed to get a 280 to 360 hp

cheers
If your a newbie on Evo's then why plan to go faster before you have even driven one?

To be fair you will be lucky to find a true standard one anyway..

I know that a lot of the fun is modding them, but rather than going in thinking of performance go in looking on condition.

Its the rot you need to be aware of above all else.

Having said that, depending on your budget, I think its best to find one modded ( if that's what you want ) as long as you know the history of it ( to a degree ) try getting one in the for sale section on here. Other options are to import one as you will get one that's not seen the salty roads of the Uk..

·
Premium Member
10,870 Posts
It helps, but history can be made up.. If you import from Japan "History" is generally "lost" in transit, and buying from here.. Well its not hard to stamp a book or write down a service!!! Its a tough one, and to a certain degree you can't really win.

Personally I think condition is right up there , that is what I look for first. Best thing to do is go and look at some, you will get an idea of whats good and whats not. There are loads of terrible Evo's out there, rule number 1 - DO NOT GET ALL EXCITED AT THE FIRST ONE YOU SEE AND BUY IT, DON'T RUSH IT OR YOU WILL PAY LATER!!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Much appreciated. I will take your advise and look at a few. May try go to a fee meets and chat to a few ppl. Thanks again everyone

·
Registered
719 Posts
Just to add to this and always my personal choice - Before adding more power I always look at tyres and brakes first!

Its great having 400bhp but if you cant stop it you wont have it for long - Make sure when you have a look at a car you take a note of what tyres/brakes its running - If they are a bag of pants budget to replace them and use it to neogtiate on price

Most other parts you can pick up 2nd hand off here for stage one and save yourself some good monies but dont scrimp on tyres, they might just save your life :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts