Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to tune up my evo V. I bought i 6 weeks ago. dunno too much about the history of my car. I want to change the oil, the AYC fluid. anything else I need to replace? the car has 30k miles on it. anything I should change? what parts or fluids do I need? please help!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
30k miles is good for an e5 :D well done in finding it

you need to sort yourself out a regular service, either take it to a garage that can do it for you (if you tell us where you live I'm sure someone can recommend a local garage for you) or do the service yourself, you can find out what you need to do in the service by having a search on this site, I'm sure the service breakdown has been posted on here before, if not there are plenty of members websites that list it, have a search 1st and if you get stuck just ask, someone will point you in the right direction

R

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Ryan. the only problem is that I live in the US. I have the workshop manual so a friend of mine who works in mitsubishi service will help me at home. can anyone list some basic steps or point me to any old threads? thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
eric

I would recommend getting the gearbox oil changed. The schedule states every 45k miles but this is far too long for this type of car.

This is the Annual Service schedule for an E6, its basically the same as the E5. Lets you know what stuff is checked at the various service intervals. Might help with your tune up.

Cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
links not working. cannot see the service schedule. what kinds of fluids should I use? do I have to use specific kinds? please help. thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
eric

The link works fine with me, you'll need Adobe Acrobat Reader (available free on the web) as its a .pdf file

Cheers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts