Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All

Which tubular manifolds for stock frame turbos are recommended ?

I've had ...

Full Race
Shearer
Mynes

... mentioned, and a member has bought a DNP ... anything else out there other than those and the RossSport ones ?

What is there in the lower end of market (price wise) ?

Is there anything ~£400 worth buying ? or do I have to pay the £800-1000 that the big names are asking ?

Other than cracking and making sure they are equal length, what else should I be looking for ?

Basically, how do I tell a good manifold from a crap one ?

regards

Raj

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
There's a six month old DNP manifold on ebay with a crack in it, that probably tells you all you need to know about those manifolds. :(

If you search over on evolutionm.net, pretty much all of the cheap manifolds have reports of cracking: the Megan Racing one, the Invidia one, etc. :blah:

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
Yep it seems so, but if you think about the stresses it's put under with the weight of the turbo, elbow and downpipe hanging off of it and the movement of the engine, it needs to be strong to deal with it all. :shrug:

·
Registered
9,312 Posts
i got the titanium one off here that agautomotive in eire had up for sale. looks great, cost him a fortune to have made by weapon R :(

i checked its pipe lengths, one is half an inch or so short of equal length :(

should be ok I hope! besides not planning on running insane boost levels :D

if that hadnt been up for sale, id have had one of rossw's. seem like good value, well made and you cant beat ross's aftersales IMO :)

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
£800 (rosssport manifold) + £1500 (evo red or similar) + selling my magnex modular downpipe & forge BOV = close to a full 3076R twin scroll kit

:/

was hoping to use the standard cast manifold but that looks to have problems around 500hp re: piston 3 heat so for safety I'd need a tubular manifold

anything else I should consider ?

·
Registered
17,199 Posts
Got same issue myself Raj, ATP bolt on kit to fit and need a stainless manifold.

I am thinking i'll just get a £100 ebay special and weld the crap out of it.

If it lasts 6 months, then it will take me 4 yr's before it's cost as much as the Full Race / JMF items.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
raj i think the only answer is to use stock manifold run 400bhp, or get a shearer / twin scroll 3076 kit! dont really see the point spending loads of money just to get back to where you were tho!! seeing as you wanted more power! if you spend the money now you will be able to reuse all the bits when you want more power, unlike a different stock flange manifold! get the credit card out!!

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
The cheap ones are just that, 4 tubes and a couple of flanges.

The decent manifolds will be more as they have actually had some time spent in designing and developing them. Aspects like runner length to get the exhaust pulses to the the collector at the same time. And then there's the materials used...

You do certainly get what you pay for. ;)

Paul
so it seems that with manifolds you get what you pay for ?

*sighs*

seems expensive for 4 tubes and 2 flanges ...

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Are you using your old turbo then raj? because surly you'd be better off buying the gt3076 setup, instead of buying a turbo just to get rid in a few months time?! Also save on labour mapping etc in the long run!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts