Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently very seriously considering upping my power output to hopefully somewhere near 500hp, after a fairly poor performance on Saturday at the TRL's rolling road day.

I am thinking of the following, plus a remap:

Either TT S205 or FP Red turbo
880-1000cc injectors
Modular Turbo Elbow
Larger Front Mount Intercooler and hardpipe kit
Battery relocation with a large K&N cone filter and 3" alloy intake pipe

Will I need a tubular manifold to release the full potential of the turbo I buy? Or will the stock one be ok? Another consideration is having the stock one ported; but im not sure where would be able to do that? It shall be run @ circa 2bar+ on Tesco 99 fuel.

Cheers :smthumbup

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No intercooler or hardpipes though. I know what your saying; but its still quite a considerable saving really if I go for a hybrid stock frame one. Turbo is only £1250, then a manifold and elbow will maybe take it to around £2000.

Plus, I am plnning on staying on Ecutek with the stock ECU, and Matt @ TRL doesnt really like doing GT series turbos on the stock ECU. Apparently a bit too much for it, and everything is maxed out becoming potentially unreliable. Id rather spend a bit less, stick with ecutek and a nice early spooling turbo with about 480/480 :)

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I understand.:smthumbup
I managed to get 475bhp out of a TT stage 2,then the bearing went and the turbo munched the compressor housing.:cry: I asked them if they would do me a s205 at a reasonable cost,they said £1450 +vat:eek:
I am going GT3076 now,with the future option of change the turbo if I need to.

·
MLR Oldie
14,971 Posts
Steve, as an alternative to the modular elbow/downpipe, a user on here is making a true 3" turbo elbow which is a direct replacemnt for the std elbow. Still at the manufacturing stage at the moment but my order has already been placed. PM me if you want his details.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
ill have to check, but i swear the s205 comes with an elbow with the fitting kit? its round my parents still wrapped up with my other parts so ill check tomorrow

·
MLR Oldie
14,971 Posts
The S205 doesn't come with the elbow - the elbow costs extra and it doesn't fit 6's or earlier Evos. The flange on the elbow for mounting onto the downpipe is the wrong style for eariler cars

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
what will i have with my fitting kit then? i swear there was an elbow in the package?

·
MLR Oldie
14,971 Posts
There could well be an elbow with your package but it won't fit your car unless you have an evo 7/8/9 downpipe (and thats very unlikely as they don't fit 4/5/6's unless they have been modified). The fitting kit consists of nuts, bolts, washers and a donut style gasket with is designed for the 7/8/9 downpipe so again that probably won't fit your car. Sorry bro.

***The above is all assuming that its the Turbo Technics elbow***

Here's a pic of the Turbo Technics elbow and one of the std 4/5/6 elbow - note the differences in the flange

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
i have a 7 now mate, pic is my old car ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts